Winter Communications Internship
The Alzheimer's Association Greater Missouri Chapter is seeking a motivated, creative, visual storyteller to serve as intern for the winter semester (Jan-May) The position will focus on visual content development (photo and video) for use on the Chapter’s social platforms and website. Additionally, the position will also provide creative writing support for social media and also media relations efforts.
This is a part time (15-20 hours per week), paid position based in the Chapter's St. Louis office. The start date is mid-January. While the end date is May, there is the possibility for the internship to be extended through the summer. This is an awesome opportunity to gain hands-on content development experience and produce portfolio-level work.
Essential Job Functions
* Develop visually compelling content about chapter client families, volunteers, community partners, employees, etc.
* Shoot high quality candid photographs of employees, volunteers, clients in various settings - events, meetings, community programs, etc.
* Shoot and edit short video clips.
* Experience with developing compelling visual content for social media
* Advanced photography skills
* Basic video production skills
* Strong creative writing skills
* Proficiency with photo and video editing software
* Ability to manage multiple projects at once
* Complete work primarily during traditional work day (9am-5pm); with the potential to attend a weekend and/or evening event to capture photo/video.
* Junior or senior undergraduate or graduate student in communications or journalism. Or another field of study if the applicant has strong photo and video skills.
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 3880