This full-time position will assist with development and implementation of the Philadelphia Walk to End Alzheimer’s® through volunteer recruitment and engagement and corporate development. The Philadelphia Walk to End Alzheimer’s is a key fundraising event for the Association, representing approximately $1,700,000 of revenue thus requires a seasoned professional with demonstrated success delivering on revenue goals.
This position is responsible for meeting volunteer leadership, team revenue, recruitment and corporate sponsorship goals for the Philadelphia Walk to End Alzheimer’s (WTEA) events while providing support to the other PA Walks as needed. The position has responsibility for recruiting teams, volunteers and sponsors from businesses, companies and organizations with an emphasis on those with 50 employees/members. The position acts as liaison, steward and coach to team captains and participants. The Walk Manager will have a thorough knowledge of the Convio database. Walk Manager is a member of the Special Events team. Position is based in the Philadelphia, PA office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - WTEA:
* Responsible for achieving current revenue targets and expense budgets for Walk to End Alzheimer’s events with direct accountability for goals set forth in the annual budget.
* Develop and follow a comprehensive development plan for Walk to End Alzheimer’s that includes budgets, timelines, team recruitment and retention strategies, volunteer committee development, marketing/PR and logistics.
* Develop community contacts to recruit high level volunteer leadership on the Walk to End Alzheimer’s planning committee and garner community support.
* Responsible for ensuring the Walk to End Alzheimer’s has high level leadership volunteers in place and train, coach and develop Walk leadership volunteers to reach goals.
* Ensure Walk volunteer committees are recruited, trained and developed on the National Walk to End Alzheimer’s timeline and utilizing best practices, resulting in the attainment of income goal and team goals
* Ensure smooth integration of the National Association best practices, standards and guidelines
* Work with the volunteer planning committee to organize outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association mission and services, including community presentations and corporate engagement opportunities
* Manage the Walk websites and all related setup, reports and information
* Lead corporate outreach, team recruitment and stewardship initiatives for assigned Walks
* Responsible for renewal and support of WTEA corporate sponsors as well as recruitment of new non-industry related sponsors.
* Foster team work to support staff’s team recruitment/stewardship/fundraising efforts.
* Develop and sustain proficiency in team registration and report generation (Convio) and database gift entry and donor profiles (Team Approach).
* Maintain organized computer and hard copy files Walks
* Recruit and train committee and day-of Walk volunteers.
* With WTEA Team, plan, organize and lead Delaware Valley Chapter staff team recruitment initiatives including but not limited to staff team recruitment challenges, recognition initiatives to recognize longevity and fundraising, and internal/external team/volunteer recruitment opportunities.
* Initiate and support WTEA wrap around events to maximize fundraising and awareness
* Assist with walk logistical needs leading up to the event and post event including setting up kickoffs, Bank Nights, recognition events, volunteer committee coordination and other logistical needs as requested by the Senior Director Special Events or Associate Director Special Events.
* Produce and submit weekly activity plan and weekly stats report to supervisor and Senior Director Special Events.
* Manage Walk-related social media
* Lead AlzTogether Day initiatives
* Manage Team Touches
* Manage Walk day-of supplies, promotional materials and tee shirt processes
* Act as primary point of contact for any new Walk locations that may be created in future.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for routine submissions and weekly checks of Chapter website entries and Convio pages on Walk to End Alzheimer’s and wraparound events.
* Attend Walk and Chapter special event committee meetings as requested by supervisor.
* Proactively identify key volunteer/sponsor leadership for the Chapter as well as possible major gift donors and/or planned gift donors.
* Promote employee education sessions in local corporations in the community to generate awareness for our cause; to reach out to others; to give back to the corporate sector; and to open new doors for sponsorship opportunities.
* Assure compliance with Alzheimer’s Association policies, standards and regulatory requirements.
* Produce team reports for Walk committee meetings.
* Responsible for day-of -walk logistics including packing, set up, event, breakdown logistics schedule and map for primary Walks, as well as assisting with logistics of other walks as directed by supervisor.
* Meet goals for signing up new Alzheimer’s advocates
* Maintain and submit monthly expense reports on WTEA
* Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, Senior Director Special Events or Delaware Valley Chapter Executive Director.
* Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
* 3-5 years demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and coach volunteers in a fundraising environment required
* Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
* Demonstrated success in the development and promotion of fundraising events or similar programs
* Ability to sell the Association’s programs and events to a variety of audiences, including corporate management, individual participants and volunteers
* Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of large events preferred
* Proficient user of personal computer and software applications
* Strong community connections a plus
* Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and access to reliable working vehicle mandatory
* Absolute commitment to confidentiality
* Must be willing and able to travel
* Flexibility in scheduling is necessary, including evenings and weekends
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE
* Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy
* Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
* Ability to travel occasionally throughout the area with some overnight and weekend travel required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational skills; professional customer service skills with visitors, callers and volunteers
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
* Normal office environment
* Flexible schedule will involve early mornings, evenings and occasional weekends
* High volume of public contact both individual and group
* Travel by car to attend meetings within the chapter territory, and by air to attend other meetings
* Work may be stressful during periods of high volume or tight deadlines
EQUIPMENT / SOFTWARE:
* Personal computer
* Multi-line telephone, Conference phone, Photocopier, Fax machine
* Microsoft Office
* Google Suite: Mail, Calendar, Docs and Hangout
* Team Approach and/or other databases
* Previous experience with Convio preferred
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED
* Outgoing, positive, engaging and enthusiastic
* Self-starter, able to work independently and problem-solve
* Strong ability to self-manage with significant strength in time management
* Ability to work on a team and develop relationships in the community
* Detail-oriented, efficient, and able to multi-task
* Strong listening skills; friendly, helpful manner with clients
* Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and electronically to a variety of audiences
* High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
* Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties
* Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.