VP, Corporate Initiatives
The Vice President, Corporate Initiatives will be responsible for leading the Business Development and Account teams to drive new corporate business partnerships, and to create and develop best-in-class partnerships on a global, national and multi-regional level to advance the Alzheimer’s Association’s mission to increase concern and awareness, provide and enhance care and support for those impacted by Alzheimer’s disease, and accelerate research.
This role is responsible for prospecting Fortune 500 companies, developing new business opportunities, designing business-building programs to meet a brand’s objective and for leading multi-faceted employee giving initiatives. The position will collaborate with senior leaders and cross-functional teams at the national and field level to proactively build a robust portfolio of accounts, including pharmaceutical, at the $250,000 - $10,000,000 +level to achieve annual revenue targets through key awareness and engagement objectives across all constituencies and the general public. As the senior point of contact for partner organizations, the incumbent will be called upon to collaboratively lead joint planning initiatives, develop creative solutions and ensure that milestones are achieved.
This position can be based in any major city, with close proximity to an airport, and will report to the Chief Development Officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leads and mentors a large team in creation of new corporate/organizational partnerships to reach new audiences to meet or exceed the Strategic Plan objectives.
- Develops business strategy and corporate shared value, implements initiatives, and delivers metric-driven outcomes.
- Capitalizes upon emerging success in all areas of responsibility to engage significantly more new companies through sponsorship, proprietary cause marketing initiatives, and employee engagement efforts.
- Holds a portfolio of companies and directly interfaces with executives at multi-billion dollar companies. Works in collaboration with key organizational stakeholders to build momentum across activities.
- Leads team to optimize partnership value, cultivates and stewards strong relationships, steers revenue development and closes business that aligns with our mission and capabilities.
- Develops and manages annual operations plans and budgets.
Develops and manages a plan to oversee key association relationships for the organization
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years progressive experience in corporate relations management, cause marketing and/or event management
- 8+ years of experience with corporate engagement and proven ability to develop and close new relationships
- Authentic and sophisticated written communication skills, coupled with excellent presentation and relationship building skills. Technical skills and/or knowledge of at least some of the following: publications, graphic design, audiovisual, effective presentations, news media, communications skills training
- Experience successfully leading, motivating, developing, and mentoring a team of professionals to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to create an inclusive, collaborative environment to command the respect of diverse internal and external constituents to influence others, create consensus, and provide effective communications counsel and coaching throughout the organization
- Proven experience serving as a strategic consultant by listening intelligently, defining the situation(s), assisting in articulating objectives, and problem solving
- Proficiency in monitoring and conducting work on multiple activities, with multiple deadlines, to ensure quality and progress
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and organizationally and plan communications accordingly
- Experience developing, preparing, and managing operational plans and budgets.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite. Familiarity with Google Apps preferred.
- Ability to travel throughout the US by plane and surface transportation, as well as internationally as needed. Must possess valid passport. Estimated travel is 50 - 60%.
Job Title: Vice President, Corporate Initiatives
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Location: Remote in any major city, with close proximity to an airport
Grade: VP, estimated base salary $220K-$250K
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life-changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may develop the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to explore who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work for the last twelve years in a row.
At the Alzheimer's Association®, we believe that diverse perspectives are critical to achieving health equity - meaning that all communities have a fair and just opportunity for early diagnosis and access to risk reduction and quality care. The Association is committed to engaging underrepresented and underserved communities and responding with resources and education to address the disproportionate impact of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
Pay: $220,000 to $250,000/year
estimated base salary $220K-$250K</p><p> </p><p><strong>Who We Are</strong>:</p><p>The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: VPCOR001370