Volunteer Program Manager
This position provides leadership and direction for the Program Volunteer Program at the Alzheimer’s Association - Michigan Chapter. The Program Volunteer Manager will work with program staff to recruit, train and match volunteers to various program positions at the Michigan Chapter and to support their continued work with the Chapter. This position reports to the Vice President of Programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with Vice President of Programs and program team to develop a volunteer outreach and recruitment strategy for the chapter program services.
- Work with program team to promote seamless initiatives and strategies for recruiting and retaining volunteers.
- Work with program team to develop and lead Community Forums (needs assessments) throughout different counties of the Chapter as means of engaging volunteers.
- Actively recruit and screen volunteers following Association and Chapter-specific procedures.
- Assist/support supervision of volunteers working with local staff. Counsel local staff on approaches to successful recruitment and retention of volunteers.
- Monitor and maintain the volunteer database systems.
- Build referral partnerships with social service agencies, service providers and other organizations to identify prospective volunteers.
- Analyze service data to identify gaps in delivery and create opportunities to expand programs.
- Work with public policy and development leads to remain up to date on volunteer opportunities in those areas that may be a good match for possible volunteers.
- Ensure a good system of communication to hand off these volunteers to appropriate departments.
- Record and maintain required documentation for all volunteers.
- Develop and maintain volunteer referral materials and brochures following Association and Chapter-specific guidelines.
- Participate on Association work groups, community coalitions and advocacy groups.
- Maintain working relationships and a referral base through networking with other professionals.
- Represent the Alzheimer’s Association at public forums, conferences, and media events; function as an advocate representing the Alzheimer’s Association in the community.
- Assist the Vice President of Programs to ensure integration of strategic directions into the department work plan.
- Assist in marketing of agency programs and services.
- Assist in Chapter event activities and other assignments as dictated by the needs of the Chapter.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Marketing, or a related field or experience which is similarly equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years experience recruiting, training and supervising volunteers.
- Experience in managing staff who are directly working with volunteers preferred.
- Experience in marketing preferred.
- Effective writing, verbal and electronic communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite and ability to learn and use program-specific software.
- Experience in community outreach.
- Working knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias preferred.
- Normal to fast paced office environment.
- High degree of public contact.
- High degree of telephone use.
- High degree of public speaking/presentations.
- Work may be stressful at times.
- Commitment to a professional code of ethics.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
- Ability to work effectively with clients, caregivers, staff, volunteers and external contacts to build and maintain effective teams.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to use multiple data systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and electronically to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport materials up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to operate designated office equipment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties.
Job Status: Internship,Volunteer
Job Reference #: 3863