Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator
Plan, budget and implement volunteer program to enhance and expand the involvement of community leaders and friends of the Alzheimer’s Association, and families caring for individuals with dementia illnesses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, interview and facilitate training of volunteers for the Chapter including but not limited to: clerical, speaker’s bureau, and health fair.
- Coordinate and schedule volunteer hours and activities. Ensure jobs are ready for volunteers prior to their arrival and that all supplies needed are available.
- Create and maintain volunteer position descriptions in conjunction with Chapter staff.
- Maintain volunteer manual, brochures and policies in conjunction with Chapter staff.
- Maintain the Chapter’s presence on relevant volunteer recruitment websites, including but not limited to www.volunteermatch.com and United Way resources.
- Manage volunteer grievance process with the support of Community Engagement Manager. Record any issues, processes used to rectify said issue and any next steps into appropriate CRM databases.
- Terminate, suspend, or determine a plan of correction for volunteers who violate policies and procedures, or who act contrary to the Chapter mission.
- Field requests for Association participation at non-fundraising community outreach events, such as health fairs, volunteer fairs, wellness fairs, et al. Evaluate representation and participation. Coordinate schedules of volunteers and staff to cover events appropriately. Represent Chapter at events when volunteers are not available.
- Represent the Chapter at assigned events, including but not limited to, volunteer association meetings, health and wellness fairs and volunteer fairs.
- Develop strong relationships within the communities served to foster a positive image such that community members and students will volunteer for the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Identify and fulfill other opportunities for community outreach.
- Oversee support group facilitator training process from application to training. Work with appropriate staff to deliver periodic trainings. Ensure all documentation for support group facilitators and support group locations are accurate and on file.
- Work with appropriate staff to maintain an appropriate inventory of education program materials.
- Develop and facilitate both formal and informal volunteer recognition programs.
- Responsible for keeping up-to-date with Association news, disease information and other information that will assist in completing job tasks. Supervises the organization and completion of all "in-house" bulk mailings.
- Responsible for complete and accurate data input of all volunteer activity including volunteer personal data, hours volunteered, jobs assigned, etc. into appropriate CRM database.
- Responsible for Chapter volunteer communications to engage volunteers in the mission.
- Ensure all proper policies are signed by volunteers annually and filed appropriately.
- Other assignments as requested by the Community Engagement Manager or senior management.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and coach volunteers, with at least three years’ experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships.
- Valid New York State driver’s license.
- Ability to promote the Chapter’s programs and events to a variety of audiences, including corporate management, individual participants and volunteers.
- Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of Chapter wide or multi-state events preferred.
- Small, not-for-profit environment
- Local and regional travel
- Work may be stressful during periods of high volume or tight deadlines
- High volume of public contact
- Independent working conditions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion.
- Ability to travel regularly throughout the Chapter area with some evening, weekend and overnight travel required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; professional customer service skills with visitors, callers and volunteers.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Interact with diverse populations in a sensitive and respectful manner.
- Display professionalism and respect to others when representing the Association and Chapter at internal and external functions.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED
- Outgoing, positive, engaging and enthusiastic.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and problem solve.
- Strong ability to self-manage with significant strength in time management.
- Ability to work on a team and develop relationships in the community.
- Detail-oriented, efficient, and able to multi-task.
- Strong listening skills; friendly, helpful manner with constituents.
EQUIPMENT / SOFTWARE
- Multi-line telephone, conference phone, photocopier
- Microsoft Office
- Google Apps for Business
- CRM databases preferred
This job profile in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the job holder. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions or perform any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor or manager. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential element may change when necessary.
Job Status: Internship,Volunteer
Job Reference #: 3505