Vice President of Development
The Vice President of Development provides management level leadership for the development staff and oversight, execution and monitoring of a diversified comprehensive chapter development plan that is aligned with the Chapter's strategic plan. This role is responsible for leading, planning, implementing and managing the constituent and relationship events for the territory. It will oversee the four Walk staff planning and implementing the 8 Chapter Walk to End Alzheimer’s events. It will oversee one staff member working on The Longest Day as well as the planning and implementing of the Memory Gala.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Budget, plan and execute comprehensive annual and long-term development plans
* Identify, cultivate and solicit intermediate donors. Identify major donor prospects. Partner with the Chapter Donor Advisor.
* Provide management level leadership for development and execution of the chapter's revenue growth including mass market events, relationship events, corporate and foundation relations, planned giving, and other fundraising initiatives
* Recruit, train, supervise and coach chapter development staff and volunteers, including liaison with Chapter Board on development initiatives.
* Lead the development team as well as serve on the Chapter's senior management team.
* Provide leadership, direction and overall management of corporate partnerships.
oProactively lead the department to develop new corporate/organizational partnerships to accomplish key awareness and engagement objectives to new audiences at regional levels. Build upon emerging success in all areas of responsibility to engage companies through stewardship, sponsorship, cause marketing and employee engagement. Directly engage with companies to steward and create new relationships.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the principal components of a philanthropic fund development program;
* Ability to work effectively and as a team player with chapter staff team and volunteers;
* Knowledge to implement new fundraising ideas that broaden and deepen chapter fund raising effectiveness and results;
* Ability and willingness to support other staffers and collaborate effectively on chapter strategic initiatives, priorities and mission fulfillment
* Excellent public speaking skills
* Experience in using fundraising software applications (donor tracking systems)
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
* BA or BS degree in business/sales or related field. Master’s Degree Preferred.
* Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience, including proven success in sales/fundraising.
* At least 5 years of successful experience in organizing and conducting components of a fund development program, including program/event budgeting, donor/sponsor solicitation, and strategic planning.
* Successful experience in recruiting and supervising volunteers in fundraising activities including special events and third party events.
* Successful track record of leading staff and volunteers to reaching dollar and participant goals.
* Public Speaking experience preferred.
* Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
* Willingness to travel up to 25%
* State driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3429