Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, and mission-driven atmosphere. This unpaid internship provides the experience and skill building for future job possibilities in a wide range of professional settings.
Map Through The Maze: Conference for Alzheimer’s Care Professionals
Our annual full-day conference, held on May 20, 2020 attracts over 800 professionals, providing each with a unique opportunity to learn current and cutting edge information. Experts speak on a wide range of Alzheimer’s related care topics including meaningful engagement, the latest on treatment and medications, research updates, working with families, and hands on care techniques.
Working with the Manager of Healthcare Professional Education and Coordinator of Healthcare Professional Education, this intern will:
- Assist with developing and implementing a marketing plan to expand to new audiences including hospitals, healthcare systems, etc.
- Assist with program development and coordination of speaker information
- Assist with exhibitor confirmation and communication
- Assist with overall coordination/logistics of conference
- Assist with coordination of continuing education credit accreditation
- Help with day of event
- Self-starter with the ability to manage tasks independently
- Outgoing, energetic personality
- Comfortable making phone calls and interacting with the general public and professionals in the field
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint) required
- Comfortable with writing, editing and proofreading
This is an unpaid internship. Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited university and receiving academic credit in exchange for work performed at the Association.
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 3793