Unpaid Internship Special Events/Marketing/PR - Birmingham, AL
The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer's disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association was recently recognized as the Best Non Profit to Work For in the Non-Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work for 2018, for the 9th year in a row.
The Alzheimer's Association Alabama Chapter is seeking to hire intern candidates for Special Events, Marketing, PR, and Fundraising for the opportunity to learn about, experience, work with, and contribute to the Association's mission of creating a world without Alzheimer's disease. The ideal candidate must be energetic, a team player, results-oriented and dedicated to the achievement of personal and team goals. This internship requires a candidate with confidence in interpersonal communication and public speaking, excellent writing skills, and a passion for making a difference in the lives of people with and affected by Alzheimer’s and other related dementias.
Candidate must be able to complete the internship (with a minimum of 240 hours during the semester) in exchange for school credit. Flexible start/end dates and weekly schedule.
Essential Job Functions
Job functions will vary based on semester and timeline/tasks associated with that timeframe.
* Be knowledgeable about the mission of the Alzheimer's Association and how Walk to End Alzheimer's and The Longest Day fuel that mission
* Work with Event staff to develop a plan of action to ensure logistical needs are met for events
* Assist in outreach to donors, businesses, sponsors, and volunteers by phone and mail for engagement in the Association’s signature events
* Work to secure in-kind donations such as water, refreshments, entertainment, incentives and other critical onsite needs
* Assist with mailings and package assembly
* Utilizes social network platforms to promote events and activities
* Attend designated and promotional local Association events, and assist staff as necessary
* Tackle area strategies through research
* Data entry and clean-up
* Other duties as assigned
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
* Student must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university in the preferred majors of communication, nonprofit management, business, marketing, hospitality or other related field
* Reliable transportation and valid driver's license
* A tech savvy approach and willingness to learn
* Strong customer service skills
* Ability to work with limited supervision, as well as, with Association staff
* Proficient in Google Drive, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed
* Possess a valid driver's license as well as the ability to travel as needed to perform internship duties.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to details, as well as excellent problem solving abilities
* Self-motivated, team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Send cover letter and resume to:
Angie Rosen at firstname.lastname@example.org
2151 Highland Ave S. Suite 210
Birmingham, AL 35205
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 2479