Unpaid Internship - Communications
The Alzheimer's Association is making a difference and so can you! The Alzheimer's Association is the world?s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer?s disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association was recently recognized as the # 1 large Best Non Profit to Work For in the Non-Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work for 2012, for the second year in a row.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications and Marketing Intern (12-18 hours per week) assists with a variety of communications projects, including media relations, social media and graphic design deliverables. This position is based in our Waltham office.
Provide support for the Communications department, including:
- Graphic design projects, such as developing marketing materials,
flyers, web banners, etc.
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Building media lists
- Developing assets for social media platforms
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite. Video editing experience a plus.
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Superior self-management skills, as independent initiative and ability to collaborate are essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Student at a college or university eligible to earn credit for this unpaid internship.
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 3852