This full-time position will manage development and execution of local The Longest Day ("TLD") recruitment and retention efforts and be held accountable for the achievement of income performance targets through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment, and mobilization of a volunteer TLD Committee.
Additional responsibility will include secondary support for other chapter development efforts. The Longest Day is a signature event of the Alzheimer's Association, a fundraising opportunity that provides flexibility to families, organizations and companies to participate in a way that not only works for them, but also appeals to them.
The Longest Day Coordinator will have a thorough knowledge of the Convio database. TLD Coordinator is a member of the Special Events team. Position is based in the Philadelphia, PA office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - TLD:
* Engages, trains and manages relationships with community based leadership volunteers chapter wide to develop and execute a local recruitment, cultivation and retention plan for new and veteran Longest Day teams/events
* Works to develop a new network of high level contacts for the chapter and form new corporate alliances and partnerships resulting in The Longest Day teams/events
* Responsible for effectively and efficiently completing activities and meeting target deadlines for successful campaign execution
* Ensures on-going mission education for volunteer committee members
* Implements best practices for leadership development, increased participation, event revenue growth, and maintaining expense budgets with direct accountability for goals set forth in the annual budget
* Drives and encourages creativity and innovation at the community/chapter level
* Develops and demonstrates skills in community organization, relationship building, talent identification and leadership development
* Collaborates with other key departments to ensure cross promotion, and support of, organizational goals and/or messages
* Monitors activities to identify trends and best practices; measures impact of specific actions; identifies and addresses issues as they arise and adjusts plans as required
* Utilizes available resources to maximize event results and participates in webinars, conference calls and/or trainings offered by the Association for The Longest Day
* Works with chapter communications department to ensure inclusion of The Longest Day within chapter promotional/communications channels by including email, social media, e-News; public relations and local marketing efforts
* Assists other members of the development team as secondary support as needed.
* Ensure TLD volunteer committees are recruited, trained and developed on the National TLD timeline and utilizing best practices, resulting in the attainment of income goal and team goals
* Ensure smooth integration of the National Association best practices, standards and guidelines
* Foster team work to support staff’s team recruitment/stewardship/fundraising efforts.
* Develop and sustain proficiency in team registration and report generation (Convio)
* Maintain organized computer and hard copy files
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for routine submissions and weekly checks of Chapter website entries and Convio pages on TLD and associated events.
* Attend Chapter special event committee meetings as requested by supervisor.
* Proactively identify key volunteer/sponsor leadership for the Chapter as well as possible major gift donors and/or planned gift donors.
* Promote employee education sessions in local corporations in the community to generate awareness for our cause; to reach out to others; to give back to the corporate sector; and to open new doors for partnership/sponsorship opportunities.
* Assure compliance with Alzheimer’s Association policies, standards and regulatory requirements.
* Produce reports for TLD meetings.
* Abides by the ethical standards approved by the Alzheimer's Association, Better Business Bureau and Association of Fundraising Professionals
* Meet goals for signing up new Alzheimer’s advocates
* Maintain and submit monthly expense reports on TLD
* Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, Senior Director Special Events or Delaware Valley Chapter Executive Director.
* Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
* 3-5 years demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and coach volunteers in a fundraising environment required
* Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
* Demonstrated success in the development and promotion of fundraising events or similar programs
* Previous experience recruiting and leading volunteer committees
* Demonstrated track record for revenue growth
* Must be able to work through others to accomplish goals
* Maintain a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations/information
* Ability to sell the Association’s programs and events to a variety of audiences, including corporate management, individual participants and volunteers
* Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of large events preferred
* Proficient user of personal computer and software applications
* Strong community connections a plus
* Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and access to reliable working vehicle mandatory
* Absolute commitment to confidentiality
* Must be willing and able to travel
* Flexibility in scheduling is necessary, including evenings and weekends
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE
* Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy
* Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
* Must continuously demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy
* Ability to travel occasionally throughout the area with some overnight and weekend travel required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational skills; professional customer service skills with visitors, callers and volunteers
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
* Normal office environment
* Flexible schedule will involve early mornings, evenings and occasional weekends
* High volume of public contact both individual and group
* Travel by car to attend meetings within the chapter territory, and by air to attend other meetings
* Work may be stressful during periods of high volume or tight deadlines
EQUIPMENT / SOFTWARE:
* Personal computer
* Multi-line telephone, Conference phone, Photocopier, Fax machine
* Microsoft Office
* Google Suite: Mail, Calendar, Docs and Hangout
* Team Approach and/or other databases
* Previous experience with Convio preferred
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED
* Outgoing, positive, engaging and enthusiastic
* Self-starter, able to work independently and problem-solve
* Strong ability to self-manage with significant strength in time management
* Ability to work on a team and develop relationships in the community
* Detail-oriented, efficient, and able to multi-task
* Strong listening skills; friendly, helpful manner with clients
* Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and electronically to a variety of audiences
* High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
* Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties
* Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.