Technical Assistant, Media Engagement
The Technical Assistant, Media Engagement (Public Relations) position will manage news monitoring and data analysis. Provide daily highlights, monthly reports, campaign coverage reports, and respond to Chapter office questions. Triage and support the fulfillment of incoming media inquiries, manage and maintain contact databases, conduct internet research. Provide general administrative support including, but not limited to, travel arrangements, expense reports, calendar management, maintain department subscriptions and memberships, in office meeting arrangements, presentation development and other support for the team as needed. Recommend news articles to be featured on the Science HUB mobile app and work with the Science Marketing Director to post material to the app.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage monitoring and reporting of news media coverage relevant to the Association and the cause.
- Review and analyze the media coverage for organizational reporting purposes
- Day to day management of monitoring vendors
- Provide data and answer questions from local chapter offices regarding media monitoring and impressions.
- Execute administrative tasks related to the team at large including reports, presentations and database creation and management.
- Manage special projects for the media engagement team.
- Coordinate logistics, calendars, meetings, travel and expenses as needed.
- Identify news articles to be featured on the Science HUB mobile app
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School diploma. College graduate with journalism, communications or public relations degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Intermediate to high level skill with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Intermediate to high level skill with Google apps, Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize
- Data entry experience and database management experience
- Previous administrative or support staff experience with the ability to communicate effectively with news media, general public and Association staff in person, on the telephone, and via email.
- Understanding of PR and its function is a plus
- Experience working with/in media a plus, not required
- Ability to sit and work at desk for long periods of time
- Ability to stretch, bend, and stoop to lift and file documents
Position Title: Technical Assistant, Media Engagement
Position Location: Chicago, IL - Home Office
Full time or Part time: Full time
Position Grade: 503
Reports To: Operations Manager, Marketing & Media Engagement
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life-changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may develop the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to explore who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work for the last twelve years in a row.
At the Alzheimer's Association®, we believe that diverse perspectives are critical to achieving health equity - meaning that all communities have a fair and just opportunity for early diagnosis and access to risk reduction and quality care. The Association is committed to engaging underrepresented and underserved communities and responding with resources and education to address the disproportionate impact of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.