Technical Assistant, Media Engagement
The Technical Assistant, Media Engagement (Public Relations) position provides operational support to the media engagement department. Responsibilities include media monitoring and reporting on news media coverage. They triage and support the fulfillment of incoming media inquiries, manage and maintain databases, conduct internet research, and provide general administrative support including, but not limited to calendar management, meeting support, presentation development and other support for the team as needed.
This position is based at the Alzheimer’s Association’s Home Office in downtown Chicago, IL and reports to the Manager, Marketing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages the monitoring and reporting of media coverage relevant to the Association and the cause.
- Reviews and analyzes the media coverage for organizational reporting purposes.
- Conducts day to day management of monitoring vendors.
- Provides data and answers questions from local chapter offices regarding media monitoring and impressions.
- Executes administrative tasks related to the team at large including reports, presentations and database creation and management.
- Manages special projects for the media engagement team.
- Coordinates logistics, calendars, meetings and expenses as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma. College graduate with journalism, communications or public relations degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software - Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- 1-2 years’ professional experience working with/in media a plus
- Understanding of PR and its function is a plus
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and communications skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Data entry experience and database management experience
- Previous administrative or support staff experience with the ability to communicate effectively with media, general public and Association staff in person, on the telephone, and via email.
- Ability to sit and work at desk for long periods of time
- Ability to stretch, bend, and stoop to lift and file documents
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed for the job
Job Reference #: 3493