Job Title: TA, Research-Home Office
Location: Chicago, IL
Full Time: Based on a 37.5 hours work week
Reports To: AD, Research Volunteer Programs
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
This position is primarily responsible for handling helpline calls from constituents seeking information about clinical studies, research, and the Alzheimer’s Association clinical trials matching service. This includes providing high quality customer service support to individuals living with dementia, their caregivers, and healthy volunteers as they search for clinical trials. The work involves providing general information and education about Alzheimer's disease, dementia research, and the Association. The position further provides constituent support for Association-led research initiatives.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide phone and email assistance to constituents seeking Alzheimer’s related clinical study opportunities.
- Develop and maintain knowledge about Alzheimer’s Association research activities and newsworthy dementia-related research.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and follow-up appropriately.
- Assess and triage calls to Care Consultants and Team Leads as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills exhibiting empathy, positive language, and effective listening.
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry, mental health, or Alzheimer’s disease.
- Experience working in a call center is a plus.
- Ability to critically think through situations or issues that arise in order to make informed recommendations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma required.
- 2 years of customer service experience required.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.