TA, Mailroom Support
Job Title: Technical Assistant, Mailroom Support (Home Office)
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Office Services Manager
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
This position is responsible for receiving and sorting incoming mail, collecting and processing outgoing mail, stocking kitchen and paper supplies, assisting with setting up new employee cubicles and offices and general office moves including furniture. Staff and maintain reception desk and provides guest services and accommodations.
This position will take direction from the Senior Mailroom Support position and assist in the day-to-day operations of the mailroom and copy center.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Mail distribution (receive/sort incoming mail/interoffice mail, collect and process outgoing mail)
- Deliveries (receive/log deliver incoming packages, receive and process outgoing packages)
- Ticketing System (process, respond and complete tickets)
- Assist with Conference Room set-up and Meetings (assist, set up and break down)
- Invoice Processing/Reconciliation (prepare monthly reports of usage and cost, process vendor invoices)
- Production and Fulfillment Request (process copy, binding, and print jobs or coordinate with outside vendors as required)
- Inventory, Supplies and Equipment Maintenance
- Maintain copiers and copy rooms
- Office Moves (process, prepare and assist)
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D)
- One - two years prior mailroom experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Customer Skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of US Postal Mail, specialty shipping, size, postage and packing regulations
- Good word processing and general computer skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations; ability to multi-task
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 75 lbs.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week) will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.