Strategic Partnership & Events Internship
GENERAL SUMMARY & POSITION PURPOSE:
The Intern, Relationship Events will be responsible for providing support around the team event portfolio and the sports partnerships initiative. This collaborative position requires strong relationship building skills, writing and prospect research skills, and experience in executing nonprofit events. The candidate must thrive in a fast paced and team environment.
The Intern reports to Sr. Specialist, Strategic Partnerships & Events and is based in Downtown Chicago, IL.
This is a Spring Semester internship, 15-20 hours a week.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide event activation and stewardship support to the team
- Assist with planning and execution of the Alzheimer’s Awareness Games with team, chapter staff, and outside parties as needed
- Conduct research on prospects and potential donations from local contacts
- Work with event leads on event portfolio, including the Chicago Rita Hayworth Gala and day to day event support.
- Manage key aspects of the auction item process including solicitation, procurement, listing, and fulfillment duties.
- Help with proofing and copyediting of print and digital event materials, including social media
- Aid in the acknowledgement and receipt process for the team
- Contribute to the strategic partnerships and events team
- Relationship Building
- Creativity and Planning
- Project Management
- Superior Customer Service
- Efficient Communication
- High School Diploma required
- Enrolled in higher education with a major in Business Administration, Marketing or related business field.
- Desire to work within development and fundraising and demonstrated success working within the nonprofit or a similar space.
- Excellent communicator with strong problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Self-starter and results oriented with ability to focus on and meet deadlines and goals.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Relationship builder with a strong focus on customer service in every interaction.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to handle stress
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 3818