A. : Responsible for specific, on-going accounting functions, entering data and running reports from various data bases, assisting with the monthly close, and other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts accounts payable activities including collecting payment requests, vendor information, W-9 forms, processing invoices, verifying coding, data entry, solving payment issues and all vendor correspondence. Archives previous year files.
- Conducts accounts receivable activities including preparing invoices, and tracking payments
- Reconcile entry of Cash Receipts into various systems
- Reconciles General Ledger accounts
- Supports grant reconciliation and accounting
- Prepares chapter deposits for bank reconciliations and reconciles bank accounts
- Enters monthly journal entries and submits monthly reports to Home Office
- Collects postage meters information
- Maintains and updates monthly deposit summary on the Google Drive
- Enters and tracks budget information
- Other duties as assigned, including general accounting support
- Responsibilities are generally complex involving varied moderately complex functions.
- This position does not generally work with volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 2-4 years’ bookkeeping and accounting experience
- Licenses and Certification: None required.
- Requires some original and independent thinking in developing improved methods, procedures, or programs related to own activities.
- Excellent organization skills and good time management abilities
- Advanced Excel Skills including V-look up, Pivot Tables, spreadsheet creation, use of functions and formulas, Macro creation experience a plus.
- Proficient in working with data bases, including data entry and running reports.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Operating procedures are generally covered by standard practice instructions.
- Decisions and actions are readily checked; but inadequacies or errors could result in considerable inconvenience, expense or loss of efficiency.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions or perform any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor or manager. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential element may change when necessary.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3084