Staff Accountant, Region 6
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Region 6 (AR, KS, MO, OK)
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last twelve years in a row.
Under the direction of the Finance Region Director and supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant will work with the other Accounting staff in the region to provide financial support to the chapters within the region.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as liaison between chapters and the AP Department
- Prepare Request for Payment forms as needed, ensure all documentation is obtained (W-9, new vendor form, payment support) and process payment requests
- Prepare and maintain schedules for Statement of Financial Position Accounts
- Reconcile general ledger accounts as assigned
- Prepare monthly journal entries including: correcting entries, recognition of deferred revenues, prepaid expenses and others as assigned
- Ensure substantiation of Restrictions on donations
- Book and maintain schedules for accounts receivable and pledge receivables
- Coordinate with chapter development staff to reconcile accounting records to chapter event revenue records
- Provide aid to Event staff in Expense management
- Reconcile donor databases to accounting systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree accounting and/or finance or 3 years equivalent work experience in Not-for-Profit Accounting or Business Management equivalent
- Demonstration of written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Google platform, experience with Workday or other automated accounting reporting systems preferred
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Strong organization skills with the ability handle multiple assignments and tasks
- Ability to work effectively with a team or independently
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.