The Senior Staff Accountant is a dynamic, collaborative, and driven person who will support the financial aspects of assigned chapters. The Senior Staff Accountant will provide accurate and timely reporting of financial information; including preparing general ledger transactions and account reconciliations, monthly reconciliations of donor databases to accounting system, chapter releases from restriction of temporarily restricted net assets; prepare the annual budgets.
* Provide timely reporting to support Chapter and department management as needed. Address questions from non-financial chapter staff on financial statements
* Process revenue transactions
* Process accounts receivable and maintain accounts receivable files
* Ensure accurate coding of accounts payable and entry of payables into the accounting system
* Assist with monthly close process for assigned chapters including preparing timely and accurate monthly revenue sharing reports, bank reconciliations, create and enter journal entries, monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
* Prepare monthly reconciliation of donor database donations to those in accounting system
* Prepare schedule detailing use of temporarily and permanently restricted funds
* Assist in preparation of the annual budget for assigned chapters
* Manage financial reporting associated with government grants received by chapters ensuring appropriate spending of grant funds
* Prepare required financial reimbursement reports to government grant funders on a timely basis
* Prepare required schedules for and assist with the annual external audit
* Attend events to coordinate and monitor funds from Day of Event
* Support overall regional accounting and finance functions
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting preferred or equivalent work experience in Non-Profit Public Accounting or business management and three
* Solid knowledge and application of GAAP
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google applications. Familiarity with Sage 500 preferred.
* Analytical and detail-oriented personality combined with professional presence.
* Well-honed communications skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to handle stressful situations and meet deadlines.
* Must have a clean NYS driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and availability to travel on occasion throughout coverage area.