Sr. Staff Accountant
Under the direction of the Finance Region Director, the Senior Staff Accountant will assist with the day-to-day accounting functions of the Alzheimer's Association for Region 9. A major emphasis of this position is to maintain accounting records and systems in compliance with Home Office Policy and Procedures.
This full-time position is located in Chicago, IL and reports to the Regional Finance Director.
Essential Job Functions
* Monitor and approve revenue batches on a daily basis
* Monitor and reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis. Create and maintain supporting schedules for Restricted Net Assets, Pledge Receivables and others as needed.
* Process/Review employee expense reports and expense coding
* Process Accounts Payable batches within the region
* Prepare and upload financial reports (Statement of Activities) and historical reports for various internal departments from automated reporting system.
* Assist in the preparation of required schedules and documentation for annual audit and assist with the preparation and compilation of data necessary to complete Form 990.
* Assist with the preparation and monitoring of federal grant awards.
* Create and enter Journal Entries, prepare required back up and submit for approval.
* Assist with the entry of annual Budgets
* Perform all necessary uploads from fund-raising software into accounting system. Assist in transitions to any new/proposed data migrations
* Assist with all chapter finance related questions and matters.
* Other accounting tasks and reporting as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
* 2-3 years of working in an accounting environment, non-profit accounting experience preferred.
* Demonstrated strength in accounts payable, revenue recognition and general ledger.
* Thorough understanding of developing and working with Excel spreadsheets.
* Experience with MAS500 or other automated accounting and financial reporting systems (BI360 for example) strongly preferred
* Detail oriented, accurate and efficient, with strong organizational skills.
* Self-starter, able to work autonomously, and problem-solve effectively.
* Strong communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to work well with others and keep supervisors well informed.
* Willing to work additional hours as needed on occasion and organize tasks and work flow to meet deadlines.
* Able to handle multiple assignments and tasks, and to be highly flexible.
* Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion.
Job Reference #: 3729