Sr. Specialist, Social Media Community Mgmt
Job Title Sr. Specialist, Social Media Community Management – Home Office
Location Chicago, IL/Remote
Full time Based on 37.5 hour work week
Reports To: Dir., Content Strategy & Engagement
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Sr. Specialist, Social Media Community Management will provide social reporting on organic trends and engagement within our own content and our competitors, allowing the Association to be nimble in supporting campaigns in real-time. This position will help lead community management of the Association’s robust social media channels, as well as help with project management of social campaigns.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Proactive research into channel growth and new channel opportunities.
- Creative vision in how to increase constituent engagement with content.
- Coordination in analyzing and keeping track of how social media campaigns support KPIs.
- Coordination in optimization of creative and campaign creation protocol.
- Oversight of new offshoot social accounts.
- Community management across social media channels.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English, health communications, marketing or related discipline.
- 3 years in social media content strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of social trends and social impact to drive quantitative results against KPIs.
- Experience working in all main social channel dashboards (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Organized and collaborative.
- Ability to travel as needed and work occasional evenings/weekends. Travel is approximately 5%.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.