Sr Specialist, Direct Marketing (HO)
Job Title: Sr Specialist, Direct Marketing
Location: Chicago, IL and/or Remote based
Full time: 37.5 hours for full-time
Reports To: Sr Associate Director, Direct marketing
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
Position will be responsible for project management, calendaring, and coordination to support the direct marketing (DM) digital campaigns and direct mail efforts. Position will work closely within Direct Marketing department, with internal and chapter email partners and with vendor partners to support and execute campaigns and help reach strategic fundraising goals as well as manage external teams to reach deadlines that impact revenue goals.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Project manage digital marketing and direct mail campaigns. Lead internal and external team check-in meetings to keep digital marketing projects on schedule.
- Coordinate internal teams to meet deadlines to help execute direct marketing campaigns and achieve revenue goals.
- Review and editing of direct marketing campaigns. Copywriting as needed. Fluency in Association brand guidelines and review of direct marketing campaigns to train others and ensure guidelines are met.
- Vendor management to keep projects on schedule, provide feedback on creative and improve processes.
- Serve as team liaison to manage critical internal relationships with other departments and ensure we represent the Association’s mission pillars optimally and accurately in communications
- Handle donor relations requests and technical trouble-shooting as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- 3-5 years direct marketing experience
- 3-5 years digital marketing experience
- 3-5 years project management experience
- 3-5 years writing/editing or content management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Direct marketing best practices
- Digital marketing and email best practices
- Project management experience
- Vendor management and performance monitoring experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (including spelling and grammar)
- Excellent customer service experience: Ability to work with internal and external partners and constituents.
- Proficiency with Google and Microsoft Office products, MS Excel pivot tables
- Project management software – Asana/Smartsheet proficiency
- Basic knowledge of data analysis and databases
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.