Sr Specialist, Direct & Digital Marketing (Home Office)
Job Title: Sr Specialist, Direct & Digital Marketing (Home Office)
Location: Chicago, IL (preferred)
Work Hours: Full-time/Part-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Associate Director, Direct Marketing
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
Support the direct marketing (DM) integrated and digital campaigns, planned giving and intermediate giving efforts. Work closely within Direct Marketing department and with vendor partners to support and help reach strategic fundraising goals. Continue to grow online promotion and mobile marketing programs for the digital department. Aid in donor relations by responding to donor requests related to direct marketing.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with agency and internal partners to execute direct mail campaigns including planned giving and other campaigns as needed to meet annual lead generation and revenue goals. 15%
- Management, testing and tracking of integrated drive-to-web campaigns from direct mail. Work with digital agency and internal partners to implement according to production schedule. 15%
- Management, calendaring, routing and tracking of online promotions and online advertising. Work with digital agency and internal partners to implement according to annual plan. 20%
- Work with vendor partners and internal staff to lead implementation of mobile marketing campaigns including scheduling, copy, temporary staffing as needed, tracking and reporting, with guidance from Associate Director. 15%
- Provide performance reports for integrated, digital and mobile initiatives. 5%
- Donor management in responding to donor services requests. Handle donor relations requests and technical trouble-shooting as needed. 15%
- Help manage and maintain production calendars for integrated, digital and direct mail campaigns within Direct Marketing and with internal partners and ensure campaigns are executed on time. 5%
- Provide review and routing of campaigns. 10%
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- 2-5 years digital marketing experience
- 2-5 years donor/customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Incumbent needs to know, be able to do to or have the capability to do to accomplish the principal responsibilities.
- Direct marketing best practices
- Digital marketing and email best practices
- Excellent Donor/customer service experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (including spelling and grammar)
- Ability to work with internal and external constituents
- Excellent customer service experience.
- Proficiency with Google and Microsoft Office products, MS Excel pivot tables.
- Smartsheet proficiency
- Basic knowledge of data analysis and databases.
- Minimal travel for important meetings
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.