Sr. Specialist, CMS Operations
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, CMS Operations – Home Office
Location: Chicago, IL/Remote
Full time Based on 37.5 work week
Reports To: AD, CMS Operations
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
Alz.org is a critical component in raising concern and awareness of Alzheimer’s disease and the Alzheimer’s Association and the first resource for many facing Alzheimer’s disease. The Senior Specialist, CMS Operations supports 150 Chapter CMS users across the Alzheimer’s Association chapter network aiding them in their digital ability to meet strategic goals. This role also assists in maturation of the Association web suite, providing support for new and expanding initiatives across the Association.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Chapter support via phone or email in using Kentico CMS
- Update Home Office web content in and outside of Kentico CMS
- Create and maintain internal documentation for Kentico CMS users
- Create and maintain URL documentation for Home Office and Chapter staff marketing
- Backup for internal communications coding and deployment (HTML email)
- Contribute feedback on feature set requests from daily users as well as advise and implement approved solutions
- Work alongside content strategist to disseminate chapter site best practices
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, marketing, communications or related field or related work experience.
- 1-3 years’ experience using Content Management Systems (CMS).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with enterprise level Content Management System (Kentico CMS a plus)
- Comfort working in HTML code without use of a WYSIWYG interface, ideally with working knowledge of the Bootstrap framework.
- Comfort creating HTML emails using an existing template
- Excellent communications and customer service skills
- Highly organized
- Team player with a focus on attaining goals
- Comfortable providing written or verbal support
- Self-motivated, self- starter, with great attention to detail and ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.