Sr. Specialist, Transactional Accounting (Vendor Maintenance & Disbursements)
The , is responsible for relevant regulatory and internal compliance and fraud mitigation through creation and completion of all Vendor Master File activities such as new vendor creation, maintenance and IRS Form 1099 reporting. In addition, this role will back up the responsibility of the weekly disbursement process with the other Sr. Specialist on the Transactional Accounting Team as needed.
This position will be based at the Home Office in downtown Chicago.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Create and maintain all vendor records in Sage 500 accounting system, to ensure that all IRS tax validation and form intake has been completed and documented, all OFAC/SDN validation and resolution is performed and documented, banking information validation and confirmation of any other appropriate due diligence activities that may be required, such as IRS TIN Matching
* Interact professionally with Chapter and Home Office staff in execution of responsibilities. Work directly with all parties affected to resolve questions and discrepancies as a result of evaluation and analysis of all vendor documents submitted to the Transactional Accounting Team.
* Review and maintain vendor records for proper IRS Form1099 reporting. Review and adjust taxable and non-taxable payments quarterly in the Sage 500 accounting system to ensure timely annual reporting within the IRS established deadlines.
* Assist with vendor master clean up annually and review for duplicate vendors monthly
* Serve as back up to the Associate Director Transactional Accounting for wire and ach approvals and other tasks as needed.
* Provide high levels of customer service support to all Chapter and Home Office staff. Answer questions related to vendor record set up matters.
* Learn the weekly disbursement process and adhere to weekly department schedule, sharing the responsibility with team members as needed.
* Assist in answering to email inquiries in the AP Team Mailbox.
* Train other staff as needed and be a main resource for answering staff questions.
* Assist with mailing checks weekly.
* Collect funds for parking vouchers and other funds received in the Cashiering office as needed.
* Delegate tasks and provide feedback as needed.
* Other miscellaneous duties or projects, as assigned.
* 5 - 7 years of experience in accounts payable activities.
* Associate or college degree preferred.
* Must have working knowledge of IRS and OFAC regulatory requirements in order to uphold the controlled vendor master file
* Supervisory experience is preferred. Ability to function in a team-oriented environment as both a member of the team and a team leader.
* Advanced knowledge of IRS Information Reporting requirements for accounts payable and vendor maintenance.
* Experience with accounting systems including accounts payable, 1099 and general ledger.
* Experience with daily AP accounting operations, month-end closing and internal controls.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Superior attentiveness to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external stakeholders in a manner that conforms to departmental standards.
* Ability to maintain a working knowledge of departmental and organizational accounting policies and procedures and be able to apply this knowledge to daily activities.
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Sheets, Docs and Gmail preferred.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately and meet daily deadlines.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Professional appearance and excellent organization skills.
* Superior customer service skills with the ability to respond to inquiries and complaints in a timely, professional manner.
* Absolute commitment to integrity in handling and safeguarding of confidential information, cash and checks.
* Good Math skills