Sr. Manager of Development Logistics
Job Title: Sr. Manager of Development Logistics
Location: Orlando, Tampa, Miami
Work Hours: Full-time
Reports to: VP of Development
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Development Logistics Senior Manager supports the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association by providing coordination and oversight across a number of fundraising efforts throughout all three chapters within the Florida Region. In addition, the role assists in marketing, public relations and constituent needs across the territory.
Working collaboratively with the VP’s of Development, Gala Director, Walk Managers and TLD Managers, the Development Logistics Senior Manager will:
- Provides guidance and oversight to team captains/leads in the planning of third party events.
- Develops new and creative approaches to enhance, improve and grow the Walks and other events
- Manage Walk to End Alzheimer’s and TLD event participation, communications and enhance fundraising of signature events.
- Collaborates with the VP’s of Development to promote events in assigned areas.
- In collaboration with marketing and communications staff, assists with social media, develops ads, signage, flyers and coordinates the printing and dissemination of promotional materials for all events.
- Provides support to constituents on their fundraising needs, website help, calls and emails.
- Works closely with walk staff on logistics for each walk, including walk routes, equipment rental, entertainment, speakers, signage and media.
- Provides volunteer oversight on the day of events.
- Monitors, captures and reports all incoming sponsor, team, and individual fundraising efforts.
- Produces and disseminates various weekly reports for the region.
- Manages the ordering and logistics of all promotional items
- Responsible for drafting and scheduling statewide emails for all events and schedules emails for Public Policy and Programs staff.
- Maintains accurate records of event income, expenses and participation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum two years of prior experience successfully managing multiple projects across a large territory
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with a wide range of people including family caregivers, volunteers, public officials, and people of high prominence in the community.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Comfortable asking for donations, sponsorships and team participation
- Ability to travel across assigned territory
- Ability to work daytime, some evenings and weekends
- Must be able to effectively communicate in person, by phone and email with internal and external customers
- Must demonstrate initiative, maturity and be a quick learner
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Convio (donor database) and Adobe Creative Suite Programs (including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) preferred
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.