Sr. Director, HRBP-Home Office
Job Title: Sr. Director, HRBP-Home Office
Location: Chicago, IL
Work Hours: Full Time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Vice President, Human Resources
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
This position will report directly to the Vice President of Human Resources, to work in partnership with leaders, key stakeholders and HR colleagues to help shape, develop and deliver HR plans and solutions in line with the needs and priorities of the Alzheimer’s Association Human Resources Department. Operating as the departmental HR Generalist this position will advise, guide and support staff and managers by providing high level people management and development support across the Association.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering key HR initiatives across the HR spectrum, including workforce planning, learning and development, employee relations, talent management, employee engagement and performance management, Benefits and Compensation.
- Commissioning services, projects or activity that supports the delivery of HR and departmental strategies and objectives; working with third party providers to ensure that services meet business needs and are delivered to agreed standards and timescales.
- Analyzing and reporting HR information to support the development of HR strategies and solutions.
- Ensuring that all internal and external reporting requirements are satisfied through the provision of management information and HR returns.
- Maintaining a clear understanding and providing up to date knowledge of the legal framework within which HR operates; developing HR policies in line with current legislation and keeping abreast of modern HR procedures and best practice.
- Developing and maintaining good relations (informal and formal) with the Association and those doing business with the Association.
- Directing and supporting the HR Staff in their duties to support the delivery of the HR strategy.
- Assisting the VP HR with related business continuity issues. Driving continuous improvement within own areas of responsibility.
- Taking a proactive approach to risk management, ensuring risks and issues are identified, addressed and reported and, where appropriate, escalated.
- Managing and/or collaborating with individuals or teams through line management and/or matrix management arrangements as required.
- Performing any other reasonable duties as directed by line management.
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree in related field. HR certification preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working in progressive leadership roles within Human Resources.
- Knowledge and experience across the broad range of Human Resources competencies and a commitment to the promotion of life learning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Keep professionally current in across the Human Resources spectrum.
- Ability to establish relationships, create an environment that provides positive and collaborative relationships within and across the Association.
- Ability to display professionalism when dealing with employees and outside vendors.
- Proven ability to achieve positive results.
- Ability to act as a liaison in the Field to gather ideas that assist in building on the Culture within the Association.
- Strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Microsoft Office skill set, to include Publisher
- Previous experience working in an HRIS system
- Platform presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to convene groups of people
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Ability to travel up to 5% locally
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Ability to push/pull up to 60lbs
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day of their choosing , Caregiver Leave, Volunteer and School Visitation time off, paid holidays and a gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.