Sr. Director, Corporate Initiatives & Partnerships
The Sr. Director, Corporate Initiatives & Partnerships will be responsible to cultivate and grow the Alzheimer’s Association’s strategic business partnerships to advance our mission to increase concern and awareness, provide and enhance care and support for those impacted by Alzheimer’s disease, and accelerate research.
The incumbent will oversee a team of 11 corporate initiatives/partnership professionals and will collaborate with senior leaders and cross-functional teams at the national and field level to proactively build a robust portfolio of accounts at the $250,000 - $5,000,000 level to achieve annual revenue targets through key awareness and engagement objectives across all constituencies and the general public. As the senior point of contact for partner organizations, the incumbent will be called upon to collaboratively lead joint planning initiatives, develop creative solutions and ensure that milestones are achieved.
This position can be based in any major city in the lower 48 states of the US and will report directly to the Chief Development Officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Partner with senior leadership to provide business development strategy and implement tactics across the organization.
* Work in tandem with key organizational stakeholders to build momentum across activities.
* Capitalize upon emerging success in all areas of responsibility to engage significantly more new companies through sponsorship, cause marketing and employee engagement.
* Directly engage with companies to steward existing and close new relationships that align with our mission and capabilities.
* Lead and mentor a team of 11 seasoned professionals situated throughout the US in creation of new corporate/organizational partnerships to reach new audiences at global, nationwide, and regional levels to meet or exceed the Strategic Plan objectives.
* Develop and manage annual operations plans and budgets.
* Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related discipline; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
* 12 years progressive experience in corporate relations management, cause marketing and/or event management
* 7 years of experience with corporate engagement and proven ability to develop and close new relationships Authentic and sophisticated written communication skills, coupled with excellent presentation and relationship building skills. Technical skills and/or knowledge of at least some of the following: publications, graphic design, audiovisual, effective presentations, news media, communications skills training
* Experience successfully leading, motivating, developing, and mentoring a team of professionals to achieve desired outcomes
* Ability to create an inclusive, collaborative environment to command the respect of diverse internal and external constituents to influence others, create consensus, and Proven experience serving as a strategic consultant by listening intelligently, defining the situation(s), assisting in articulating objectives, and problem solving
* Proficiency in monitoring and conducting work on multiple activities, with multiple deadlines, to ensure quality and progress
* Ability to think strategically, creatively, and organizationally and plan communications accordingly
* Experience developing, preparing, and managing operational plans and budgets* Proficiency in MS Office Suite. Familiarity with Google Apps preferred.
* Ability to travel throughout the US by plane and surface transportation, as well as internationally as needed. Must possess valid passport. Estimated travel is 50 - 60%.
Job Reference #: 3282