Sr. Associate Director, Technical Strategy
POSITION TITLE: Sr. Associate Director, Technical Strategy
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
WORK HOURS: Full Time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
REPORTS TO: Director, Technical Strategy
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Sr. Associate Director, Technical Strategy position is a key part of the Digital Strategy management team, combining superior technical skills, project management and management ability in overseeing the production of the Association suite of Web sites. This position is responsible for collaborating with Director, Technical Strategy to identify existing and emerging digital technologies that can be applied to Digital Strategy business goals. This position oversees the Production Team’s work and ensures they’ve met deliverable expectations. The Senior Associate Director advises both the Digital Strategy department as well as internal clients on technical strategies and implementations.
This position reports to the Director, Technical Strategy and is based out of the Alzheimer’s Association’s Home Office in Chicago, IL.
- Production work – including front end HTML development, Kentico CMS template work, etc.
- Manage Production Team – including workload, architecture and build of new sites, support for chapter network’s CMS activities and front end systems maintenance.
- Liaison with IT colleagues in cross-department projects, ensuring that staff resources are correctly allocated while high-quality work and deadlines are met
- Translate new and existing technologies into business strategies to meet mission goals
- Meet and manage with vendor teams
- Stays current with emerging technologies through own research and team research assignments
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, communications or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years’ progressive, professional web development experience
- 3-5 years’ management experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Expert front end web development skills
- Ability to Project manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to administer vendor applications – Kentico, Blackbaud, Personify, etc. and work within their systems to meet our specifications and design goals
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with staff, cross-divisional and chapter customers
- Ability to manage staff and foster career growth
- Lead Association wide initiatives to further bolster digital sphere
- Staying current with technical trends, and identify related business opportunities
- Understanding of browser and device compatibility
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day of their choosing , Caregiver Leave, Volunteer and School Visitation time off, paid holidays and a gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.