Sr Associate Director, Social Media Strategy & Engagement
The Senior Associate Director, Social Media Strategy and Engagement, plays an essential role in establishing the Alzheimer’s Association as the leading Alzheimer’s public policy and advocacy organization. This person demonstrates leadership in strategic thinking and has a proven track record in the development of social media strategy (both paid and organic) to drive quantitative results. The Senior Associate Director must have a strong background in public policy including knowledge of federal and state government.
This position is dedicated to social media strategy and content creation for Public Policy including the Alzheimer’s Impact Movement (AIM).
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for social media strategy and execution to support the Association’s public policy goals primarily with policymaker audiences, and with a secondary emphasis on volunteer advocates.
- Drives tactics to expand reach/activation of policymakers in support of the Alzheimer’s Impact Movement’s (AIM) social media platforms and support Public Policy and Concern and Awareness KPIs.
- Implementation of tactics to drive social media engagement with bipartisan policymakers, increase concern and awareness and drive advocacy actions.
- Responsible for supporting communications field staff in support of the Association’s policy efforts across social media platforms.
- Demonstrates leadership in providing recommendations to drive cohesive strategies across multiple social channels to achieve outcomes informed by a deep understanding of social channels and proactively identifies opportunities.
- Responsible for overseeing the creation of engaging social creative.
- Participate in and lead creative meetings, bringing a strategic and thoughtful perspective to internal communications and policy leaders; manage and oversee cross-departmental projects from inception through finished product, including rounds of approval through multiple channels.
- Excellent analytical thinking skills and the ability to use data to drive decisions.
- Collaborate with both social media and public policy team leaders on social media projects, ensuring free flow of communication.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures proper brand voice of social creative
- BA or BS in Communications, Journalism or related field from an accredited university or college.
- 8-10 years of progressive social media and public policy experience.
- Excellent writing skills and proficiency in AP Style.
- Strong background in public policy, state government and Capitol Hill knowledge.
- Ability to keep a flexible schedule that may include "non-traditional" hours.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace.
- Proficiency in social media publishing platforms, such as Tweetdeck.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to travel as needed (on average about 15%).
Position Title: Senior Associate Director, Social Media Strategy and Engagement
Position Location: Washington, D.C.
Full time or Part time: Full time based on 37.5 hours minimum
Position Grade: 510
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life-changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may develop the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to explore who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work for the last twelve years in a row.
At the Alzheimer's Association®, we believe that diverse perspectives are critical to achieving health equity - meaning that all communities have a fair and just opportunity for early diagnosis and access to risk reduction and quality care. The Association is committed to engaging underrepresented and underserved communities and responding with resources and education to address the disproportionate impact of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.