Sr. Associate Director, Marketing
POSITION TITLE: Sr. Associate Director, Marketing
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
WORK HOURS: Full-Time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
REPORTS TO: Director, Marketing
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Senior Associate Director, Marketing, supports the Senior Associate Director, Marketing and the entire organization through marketing planning, project management and implementation of consumer campaigns, advertising, and mass market events.
While the Association is currently working remotely, upon a return to the office, this position will be based at the Home Office in Chicago.
- Works closely with Association-wide business owners as well as Public Relations, e-Strategy and Direct Marketing to create and implement integrated marketing plans that will increase concern & awareness of Alzheimer's disease and the Alzheimer's Association.
- Serves as lead project manager for nationwide consumer campaigns to increase concern and awareness and drive constituent engagement including fundraising, advocacy action, and participation in mission activities of the Alzheimer's Association.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to understand objectives and works with on-staff writers and designers to create collateral that meets these objectives.
- Provides support and guidance to field staff in order to increase nationwide marketing efforts and constituent engagement.
- Models, supports and implements the Alzheimer's Association brand, maintaining integrity and consistency throughout all communications.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or a related field.
- 7-10 years’ experience in a marketing position in a corporation, healthcare, consumer goods organization, or agency.
- 5-7 years’ experience in creative strategy and development.
- 1-2 years management experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience in advertising account management working on businesses or organizations with multiple products or business lines and multiple locations, such as a franchise organization.
- Experience coordinating multiple elements of an integrated marketing program.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, strategic project briefs and shape creative that will deliver on them.
- Demonstrated understanding of the print and video development and production processes.
- Works effectively across groups through collaboration, respect, knowledge and ability to persuade and influence.
- Change agent, able to challenge the status quo while building collaboration across functions for new direction.
- Uses strong listening skills to identify opportunities and resolve issues.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed for the job
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10%
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day of their choosing , Caregiver Leave, Volunteer and School Visitation time off, paid holidays and a gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.