Sr. Associate Director, Marketing
POSITION TITLE: Sr. Associate Director, Marketing
REPORTS TO: Sr. Associate Director, Marketing
STATUS: Full-Time Exempt
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
The Senior Associate Director, Marketing, supports the Senior Associate Director, Marketing and the entire organization through marketing planning, project management and implementation of consumer campaigns, advertising, and mass market events.
While the Association is currently working remotely, upon a return to the office, this position will be based at the Home Office in Chicago.
- Works closely with Association-wide business owners as well as Public Relations, e-Strategy and Direct Marketing to create and implement integrated marketing plans that will increase concern & awareness of Alzheimer's disease and the Alzheimer's Association.
- Serves as lead project manager for nationwide consumer campaigns to increase concern and awareness and drive constituent engagement including fundraising, advocacy action, and participation in mission activities of the Alzheimer's Association.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to understand objectives and works with on-staff writers and designers to create collateral that meets these objectives.
- Provides support and guidance to field staff in order to increase nationwide marketing efforts and constituent engagement.
- Models, supports and implements the Alzheimer's Association brand, maintaining integrity and consistency throughout all communications.
- Experience in advertising account management working on businesses or organizations with multiple products or business lines and multiple locations, such as a franchise organization.
- Experience coordinating multiple elements of an integrated marketing program.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, strategic project briefs and shape creative that will deliver on them.
- Demonstrated understanding of the print and video development and production processes.
- Works effectively across groups through collaboration, respect, knowledge and ability to persuade and influence.
- Change agent, able to challenge the status quo while building collaboration across functions for new direction.
- Uses strong listening skills to identify opportunities and resolve issues.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed for the job
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10%
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or a related field.
- 7-10 years’ experience in a marketing position in a corporation, healthcare, consumer goods organization, or agency.
- 5-7 years’ experience in creative strategy and development.
- 1-2 years management experience
The Alzheimer’s Association offers competitive compensation, benefits, retirement savings and paid time off plans. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, or military status. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder.