Sr. Associate Director, Digital Strategy
POSITION TITLE: Sr. Associate Director, Digital Strategy
REPORTS TO: Director, Technical Strategy
STATUS: Full-Time Exempt
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
The Sr. Associate Director, Digital Strategy position is a key part of the Digital Strategy management team, combining superior technical skills, project management and management ability in overseeing the production of the Association suite of Web sites. This position is responsible for collaborating with Director, Technical Strategy to identify existing and emerging digital technologies that can be applied to Digital Strategy business goals. This position oversees the Production Team’s work and ensures they’ve met deliverable expectations. The Senior Associate Director advises both the Digital Strategy department as well as internal clients on technical strategies and implementations.
This position reports to the Director, Technical Strategy and is based out of the Alzheimer’s Association’s Home Office in Chicago, IL.
- Production work – including front end HTML development, Kentico CMS template work, etc.
- Manage Production Team – including workload, architecture and build of new sites, support for chapter network’s CMS activities and front end systems maintenance.
- Liaison with IT colleagues in cross-department projects, ensuring that staff resources are correctly allocated while high-quality work and deadlines are met
- Translate new and existing technologies into business strategies to meet mission goals
- Meet and manage with vendor teams
- Stays current with emerging technologies through own research and team research assignments
- Expert front end web development skills
- Ability to Project manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to administer vendor applications – Kentico, Blackbaud, Personify, etc. and work within their systems to meet our specifications and design goals
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with staff, cross-divisional and chapter customers
- Ability to manage staff and foster career growth
- Lead Association wide initiatives to further bolster digital sphere
- Staying current with technical trends, and identify related business opportunities
- Understanding of browser and device compatibility
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, communications or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years’ progressive, professional web development experience
- 3-5 years’ management experience
Alzheimer’s Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.