Sr. Associate Director, Digital Content Strategy
The Senior Associate Director, Digital Content Strategy is a key part of the Association's digital management team, leading analytics-driven digital strategies for the Association's largest communication channel, alz.org. This position serves as a thought leader, aligning digital marketing and content strategies, identifying opportunities to engage audiences, and defining scope and approach for major online projects. This position is responsible for the quality of the Association's online content as well as strategies to drive substantial YOY increases in online traffic.
This position is based at the Association’s Home Office in downtown Chicago, IL and reports to the Director, Strategic Communications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrates leadership as a member of a creative team that develops mission-focused digital content for the general public and key constituents, including individuals living with Alzheimer’s, family caregivers, physicians and direct care providers, and researchers and donors.
- Manages direct and indirect reports, overseeing quality and workload of digital creative team (web designer, editors, SEO expert) as well as deliverables from agencies and vendors.
- Directs marketing strategies on alz.org to increase online giving, event participation, email acquisition and engagement with Association resources.
- Defines scope and methodology for major web projects. Leads both creation and maintenance of engaging content against a yearly digital marketing project calendar (includes campaigns such as end-of-year giving, Facts & Figures and Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month).
- Makes directorial recommendations for the digital strategy creative team, including budget, staffing and strategic planning.
- Participates in and leads creative meetings, bringing a strategic and thoughtful perspective to the client; manages and oversees cross-departmental projects from inception through finished product, including rounds of approval through multiple channels.
- Responsible for creation of engaging web copy following and modeling AP Stylebook and in-house style guide, while understanding web and search implications and strategically optimizing content to meet goals.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of information architecture, user experience and web content best practices.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Models, supports and implements the Alzheimer's Association brand, maintaining integrity and consistency throughout all communications.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal clients in order to better understand and meet their digital marketing needs; looks for opportunities to guide content strategically.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English, health communications, marketing or related discipline
- 10 years progressive experience in digital content strategy and development of online media
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Excellent analytical thinking skills and the ability to use data to drive digital content decisions.
- Commitment to staying current with digital trends, and identify business opportunities and overarching strategy.
- Ability to define KPIs and develop measurable digital content marketing campaigns
- Keen interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to lead and motivate with direct and indirect authority, especially with staff in matrix reporting relationships
- Ability to provide a portfolio of work: website copy, emails, published articles in organizational newsletters, marketing materials, etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed (up to 10%) by car and air. This may include some international travel. Must possess a valid passport.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings/weekends as needed for the job
- Must possess valid driver's license, good driving record, access to reliable vehicle and proof of automobile insurance.
Job Reference #: 2677