Sr. AD, Social Media Strategy Events
Job Title: Sr. Assoc. Dir., Social Media Strategy for Events
Location: Chicago, IL/Remote
Full time based on 37.5 hours per week
Reports To: Director, Content Strategy and Engagement
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Senior Associate Director, Social Media Strategy for Events, plays an essential role in establishing the Alzheimer’s Association as an engaged leader in the digital space. This person demonstrates leadership in strategic thinking and has a proven track record in the development of social strategy (both paid and organic) to drive quantitative results against KPIs.
This position allows dedicated staff for strategy and content creation for Events and Programs, allowing us to continue to drive peer-to-peer fundraising, while maximizing our presence in online communities, such as Facebook Groups.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for executing retention and expansion strategies for all signature events to increase revenue.
- Drive tactics to support program KPIs, including expanding reach/activation for our care and support resources and exploring activation of Facebook Groups.
- Increase volunteerism of event lead cultivation (i.e. Team Captains) and program delivery through LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Demonstrate leadership in strategic thinking, driving cohesive strategies across multiple social channels to achieve outcomes.
- Manage direct report, overseeing quality and workload, as well as deliverables from other departments, agencies and vendors.
- Responsible for overseeing the creation of engaging social creative, including providing vision of graphic elements.
- Implement tactics to drive engagement and user generated content, increase concern and awareness, grow influencer program, drive traffic to alz.org, increase online giving, retain event participants and drive advocacy actions.
- Participate in and lead creative meetings, bringing a strategic and thoughtful perspective to the client; manage and oversee cross-departmental projects from inception through finished product, including rounds of approval through multiple channels.
- Collaborate with Director, Content Strategy and Engagement on social media projects, ensuring free flow of communication.
- Ensure proper brand voice of social creative.
- Analyze social media trends and social analytics, including reporting out on campaign successes.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal clients in order to better understand and meet their social media marketing needs; looks for opportunities to implement integrative campaigns.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in journalism, communications, English, health communications, marketing or related discipline
- 7 years in social media content strategy
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven track record in creation of social campaigns (both paid and organic) that are designed to drive quantitative results against KPIs.
- Experience working in all main social channel dashboards (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Excellent analytical thinking skills and the ability to use data to drive decisions.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of social channels and ability to proactively identify opportunities.
- Ability to stay current with social trends, and identify business opportunities and overarching strategy.
- Ability to lead and motivate, especially with staff in matrix reporting relationships.
- Ability to travel and work occasional evenings/weekends and needed.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.