Specialist, Social Media
This position is based at the Alzheimer’s Association’s Home Office in downtown Chicago, IL and reports to the Associate Director, Social Media.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages the editorial calendar of postings to social media platforms
- Acts as community monitor, responding to and assessing conversations on social media channels and blog content posts for sentiment and user interactions
- Analyzes and provides insights of social media campaign results
- Assists with driving traffic and engagement
- Researches new social channels and trends to support the goals of the Association
- Works within a publishing platform
- Helps maintain and distributes best practice documents to support local social activations
- Assists Associate Director of Social Media in creating social media campaigns that are relevant to the goals of the organization and support departments across the organization, including public relations and marketing.
- Provides daily management and monitoring of the Association's branded social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Google ).
- Executes social media campaigns to meet strategic goals and defined outcomes.
- Covers real-time events through social platforms, monitors online communities, executes upon social media best practices, and researches new channels and trends.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, advertising, communications, graphics or related field.
- 1-3 years’ progressive experience managing social media for a business or organization
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills; experience working with WordPress and blog writing a plus
- Proficient with AP Style
- Keen understanding of social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Google
- Experience working with non-profits and / or knowledge of health issues within social platforms preferred
- Self-motivated, highly organized self- starter, with great attention to detail and ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadline
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to collaborate with people at all levels of the organization
- Team player with a focus on attaining goals
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed for the job
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 15%, with some overnight travel
Job Reference #: 2622