Specialist, Relationship Development
Job Title: Specialist, Relationship Development-Home Office
Location: Chicago, IL
Full Time: Based on a 37.5 hours work week
Reports To: Vice President, Relationship Development
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Specialist, Relationship Development provides operational support for all areas of Relationship Development Department. This team is responsible for raising over $100 million annually through the work of dedicated major gift, planned giving, foundation, communication and stewardship professionals. Critical functions of this position include, but are not limited to, production coordination and distribution for donor communications and stewardship, oversight of the department’s internal and external content, management of department budgets, and administrative support to the department vice president.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Donor Stewardship / Engagement
- Monitor, track and validate philanthropic giving of the Governing Board and prepare and ensure accuracy of board philanthropic reports
- Process and track completion of all department stewardship requests to senior staff and key leaders
- Support coordination of cultivation and stewardship events and other recognition activities – including but not limited to Advocacy Forum, Global Immersion Program, Zenith Webinars, Zenith Update Calls, Zenith Fall Event
- Ensure accurate reporting/capture in Team Approach of all executive management donor engagements
- Provides occasional support to donor advisors in updating their core lists in the donor database - when approved by Sr. Dr. Major & Foundation Giving
- Coordinate service providers/vendors including graphic designers, photographers, printers and web developers for production of major and foundation communications deliverables
- Ensure the efficient distribution of print and digital communications to major donors by coordinating with the Association's IT, Direct Marketing, and Mailroom teams on mailing lists, e-delivery and shipping
- Monitor and ensure accuracy of Relationship Development content both on the organization’s intranet as well as its external web pages
- Manage and track all the team’s multiple budgets (BI360) and forecasts future budget expenses
- Provides Account Payable paperwork and support for Relationship Development when needed
- Provides logistic support for Relationship Development meetings
- Provide support to the Relationship Development team for office supplies, IT supplies and other needs when requested.
- Provide occasional administrative support to the Vice President, Relationship Development
Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5-7 years of nonprofit experience required
- Advanced Degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, and carry out activities independently to meet specific timelines and goals
- Ability to maintain flexibility, motivation, and enthusiasm
- Keen understanding of working in a federated, non-profit structure
- Ability to occasionally work evenings, as workflow or deadlines required
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.