Specialist, Planned Giving
The Alzheimer's Association is making a difference and so can you!
The Alzheimer's Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association was recently recognized as one of the top ten Best Nonprofits in 2016 in the Non-Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work. We are proud to say that this is the seventh year in a row that we’ve won this award! We offer an excellent work environment and career development opportunities, coupled with competitive benefits and pay.
The Alzheimer’s Association National Office is looking for a dynamic, experienced professional to provide administrative support to the national planned giving program. The ideal candidate will have exceptional computer skills and an ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines. The ideal candidate will also have strong customer service and analytic skills. Experience in financial, tax and legal documents is preferred. This position reports to the Director, Planned Giving and carries out integral components of the program.
This position is based in Chicago, IL.
Essential Job Functions:
· Maintains instructions, systems, guidelines, data, documents and archives for the planned giving program.
· Supports the administration of the charitable gift annuity (CGA) program at the Association by preparing all CGA deposits, contracts and handling related activities.
· Prepares, reviews and disseminates planned giving correspondences for assigned planned giving activities and donors.
· Supports the delivery of the Founders Society recognition program benefits.
· Assists in managing the planned giving toll-free line and planned giving email address to include answering calls/emails, providing basic information, qualifying planned giving callers and assigning to the appropriate planned giving officer follow-up activities.
· Maintains tracking data and provides insights from the planned giving toll-free line and email activity to the director, planned giving.
· Assists in monitoring the assignments and follow up activities generated by planned giving marketing to include: reporting, follow-up activities and appropriate data entry.
· Coordinates planned giving key activities calendar and ensures coordination of activities with the director, planned giving and other key relationship development staff as assigned.
· Collects and handles or distributes contents of the planned giving PO Box on a regular basis.
· Distributes various planned giving/relationship development reports as assigned.
· Assists in preparation of planned gift proposals and impact reports as assigned.
· Supports relationship development team members in expense reporting and submissions as assigned.
· Provides administrative support to other areas of relationship development as assigned.
· Completes a variety of fundraising data entry as assigned.
· Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· 5 years of administrative/professional experience desired, preferably in a nonprofit/fundraising, financial or legal setting.
· Experience working within a planned giving program preferred.
· Exceptional computer skills including advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Demonstrated ability to utilize CRM systems, donor databases or similar software.
· Excellent and diplomatic communicator - in person, over the phone, and in writing - with the ability to prepare proposals, briefing materials, reports, and correspondence
· Strong organizational skills with ability to analyze data and information
· Exceptional customer services skills
· Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
· Results oriented with ability to focus on and meet multiple deadlines and goals.
· High integrity and professionalism, respecting the confidential nature of donor information and the Alzheimer’s Association’s business practices.
Job Reference #: 3666