Specialist, Metrics & Analytics
Specialist, Metrics & Analytics performs an essential role including the development, maintenance and delivery of enterprise-wide dashboards, scorecards and reports. The specialist will leverage his or her business and technical knowledge to design, develop, and implement data and analytic solutions. This position is for someone who is passionate about delivering data visualizations that educate, engage and inform business users on key metrics and performance measures.
This position is located in downtown Chicago, IL and reports to the Director, Metrics & Analytics.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with IT colleagues to define and wrangle data and develop data models to be used for visual analysis.
- Develop dynamic, scalable and effective dashboards, scorecards and reports using BI tools such as Power BI and Tableau. Drive creativity and innovation in how data are presented through reports and dashboards.
- Collaborate with business and IT partners in relation to user acceptance testing and troubleshooting. Analyze data for inaccuracies and provided data exception and ad hoc reports for analysis. Performance tune existing dashboards and reports and work with colleagues to identify opportunities for process improvement and assist in the implementation.
- Provide training and assistance to business stakeholders for business intelligence tools, dashboards and reports.
- Chapter Information Database - Responsible for working with colleagues to manage chapter information territory tables.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Effective verbal communicator capable of driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to both technical and non-technical teams and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical thinker able to connect disparate data sources and see "the big picture" and be able to effectively communicate that to a wider audience.
- Must be able to establish and maintain a high level of peer trust and confidence and maintain positive stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in visualizing data in dashboards, reports and scorecards.
- Ability to analyze data sets and turn data into relevant, understandable and concise information.
- Prepare and present communication materials including written analyses, documentation, status reports and presentations to business stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver end-user training and training materials.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferred degree in social sciences, business, data or business analytics.
- 2 years’ experience with Microsoft Power BI (preferred), Tableau or Alteryx or other business intelligence software.
- 2 years’ experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Consistent ability to identify and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter, quick learner, problem-solver with a positive, collaborative, and team-based attitude.
- Is aware of and works to understand the needs of colleagues and solicits their input and feedback throughout the analytical and reporting process.
- Strong interest in building solutions for analytics and data presentation. Curiosity about data and the business.
- Ability to extract reporting requirements from design sessions and discussions.