Specialist, Helpdesk Level 1
The Specialist, Helpdesk Level 1 is the first point of contact for Association employees for IT-related issues or questions, during regular business hours. This position is responsible for triaging and logging helpdesk requests; resolving Level 1 requests and reassigning Level 2 and above issues; identifying issue patterns and escalating them as appropriate in order to minimize downtime; and managing user accounts in various systems including Active Directory and Google
- End User Support: Provide support for Level 1 issues, including Google email, calendar and other business applications used by the Association. Resolve within service level agreement. Prioritize issues, per Priority designations identified within the helpdesk ticketing system, and manage them accordingly.
- Issue Triage: Triage tickets received to the helpdesk according to type of issue and priority. Reassign issue to appropriate next level team, as appropriate.
- Identify issue patterns and escalate in a timely manner in order to minimize downtime.
- User Security Management:
- Manage user accounts in -
- Active Directory (new hires/terminations /transfers)
- Google (e.g. email group assignments) and other systems as appropriate.
- Documentation: Enter issue details and troubleshooting steps taken into the helpdesk ticketing system, either to close the Level 1 ticket or to convey information for next level team, if ticket is reassigned.
- Other Work, as assigned: e.g. helpdesk stats collection for reports.
Associate’s degree and/or 2 years of customer service using a call management system (e.g. customer service line, helpdesk, etc.).
Ability to work independently and collaboratively to troubeshoot and resolve issues to meet customer service levels.
The following items are a plus:
General knowledge and understanding of IT security concepts including network, server, and computer security.
Hands-on experience managing user accounts in Windows Active Directory and Google.
Certification in fundamental technology concepts and core technical skills (e.g. COMPTIA Fundamentals certification).
Job Reference #: 2993