Specialist, Health Care Solutions (Part Time)
The Specialist, Health Systems Solutions assists with the development and deployment of assigned products, programs, services, trainings, tools and materials to healthcare professional education and outreach. The Specialist is also responsible for assisting with communications with Health Systems Directors and Strategists, region and chapter leadership, and other staff who are intended users of the products developed.
This is a part-time, benefits eligible, at-will, grant-funded position working 24 hours per week through June 30, 2021 with potential for longer employment. This position is based in Chicago, IL and reports to the Sr. Director, Health Systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as project manager for the development of assigned products.
- Coordinates tasks across the product life cycle, including collection and use of market research to identify needs, solution conceptualization, determination of product specifications, prototype development and testing, piloting and refinement, and production at scale.
- Works closely with the Senior Associate Director, Healthcare Professional Services, on the coordination of product development activities.
- Works with other Programs staff and other departments as directed for functional support of product development, such as fidelity to scientific and clinical evidence, alignment with marketing strategy, and alignment with policy priorities.
- Supports communication and coordination with chapters, vendors, health care leaders and organizations, and others participating in product development.
- Monitors and reports to the Senior Director, Health Systems and the Senior Associate Director, Healthcare Professional Services on project and task status; progress against timelines, specifications and budget; and identified needs, challenges and opportunities for each assigned product.
Product Deployment and Support
- Works with other Programs staff, other departments, and vendors on the production of materials, messaging, and other components needed for product development, promotion, and launch.
- Supports development and implementation of training sessions and other communications needed to prepare and equip Association staff for the promotion and use of assigned products.
- Provides product support, including communicating with chapter staff and other users of products and related resources, to collect and respond to feedback and identified needs.
- Assists with integration of new products into the health care solutions portfolio.
- Assists with integration of new training modules into onboarding and staff development plans.
- Provides support for product maintenance and administration needs, such as CME certification and establishment and renewal of product/product-related licenses.
- Provides support for product fulfillment needs, such as taking and fulfilling orders for printed materials.
Product Evaluation and Evolution
- Collects data for product evaluation and feedback.
- Provides support for product updates and new versions of products.
- Assists with reporting on product use, satisfaction, and evidence of effectiveness and impact.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in hard science, public health, health administration, healthcare, nonprofit management
- Minimum 2-4 years progressive, professional experience in project and/or program management; understanding of continuing medical education (CME) programs and/or clinical outreach/speaker programs preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently and act as a liaison between various internal departments and external parties
- Strong interpersonal communication, team-building and collaboration building skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, required. Familiarity with Google Suite and willingness to learn additional software applications preferred.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 3658