Specialist, Care Consultant-Overnight
Care Consultants provide advice and counsel to individuals who contact the association’s Contact Center, in accordance with approved clinical protocols. As trained professionals, Care Consultants work with callers who have care or health related questions by providing advice, problem-solving counsel regarding difficult behaviors, decision-making support, crisis assistance, guidance during transitions and connections to local services.
This is a full time position with benefits with overnight schedule (11:00pm-7:30am) and it may include weekends.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide short-term telephone consultation with callers in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Apply empathetic listening skills to assess callers’ needs.
- Access appropriate information and make recommendations for care and follow-up
- Help callers better understand Alzheimer’s disease and behaviors commonly associated with it.
- Link callers to emergency, chapter and/or community resources, as needed.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation and follow-up of call interactions and interventions.
- Work closely with Contact Center staff and chapter care consultation contacts.
- Follow established Association Contact Center/Care Consultation policies, procedures and clinical protocols.
- Uphold the Alzheimer’s Association policy on client confidentiality
- Bring cases with legal, risk management, or ethical implications to the attention of the director in an expedient manner.
- Act as a resource to other staff with issues of legal competency, guardianship, and advance directives.
- Master degree in social work, psychology, or counseling required. Licensure (LSW, LCSW) preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in geriatrics or mental health with expertise in dementia.
- Previous call center experience highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of personal computers.
- Experienced clinical/counseling skills in listening, assessment, empathy, advocacy, negotiation, referral, and closure.
- Professional experience conducting health screenings/evaluations, diagnostic intakes and/or crisis intervention counseling.
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish/English).
Job Reference #: 1899