Special Events Specialist - Fundraising
- Serve as staff lead for a portfolio of events including though not limited to: Walk to End Alzheimer’s®, The Longest Day, and Rhythm and Brews in designated territory.
- Actively recruit, train, and support high impact volunteers that will assist in increasing concern and awareness as well as growing revenue in designated territory.
- Represent Chapter at public events, conferences and media events as assigned.
- Provide support to overall fundraising operations of the territory to include: volunteer management; customer service to constituents; database mining and management; donor/sponsor/advocate relations and communications; management of vendor relations; etc.
- Adhere to all branding and marketing efforts as outlined by the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Prepare reports and provide information as requested and required; oversee project budgets and maintain financial records for events.
- Participate in all staff, team, committee and other internal and external meetings as requested.
- Participate in conferences and training as requested.
- Contribute to creating a work environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation between volunteers, staff and departments.
- Significant travel within related territory; general travel within state and region for conferences and meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications preferred.
- 3 years of office experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience in the non-profit sector and special event fundraising.
- Effectively multi-task, establishes priorities, and work independently and take initiative in a fast paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
- The ability to cultivate, motivate and engage volunteers.
- Must be extremely organized with extra attention to detail.
- Excellent written, oral communication skills and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Excel and Power Point. Experience with fundraising applications, such as Convio and other social media programs is preferred.
- Must possess a reliable personal vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of valid insurance.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed to conduct Chapter business. Evening or weekend work may be required on occasion.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2769