Special Events Coordinator, Alabama
Special Events Coordinator - Huntsville
This position is responsible for year- round coordination and implementation of several regional Walks to End Alzheimer’s® as well as The Longest Day. The position is a key member of the Development Department.
This position will be located in the Chapter’s Huntsville, AL office.
* Oversee the successful implementation of several regional Walks and other revenue generating events to reach aggressive fundraising goals.
* Manage community-based volunteer committees for each event/Walk location. Committees include volunteers to help manage logistics, walk team recruitment and engagement, corporate sponsorships, and promotional aspects of the Walk.
* Assist in the identification and cultivation of volunteer leadership on a continual basis.
* Manage a detailed event/Walk fundraising plan with volunteers and chapter staff.
* Manage the day-of- experience for events/Walks.
* Evaluate event success against projected goals and accomplishments, analyze results and make recommendations for course corrections throughout the year.
Volunteer Committee Management
? Help establish committee goals, track progress, train and coach committee members
? Build and maintain positive relationships with committee volunteers.
? Keep in close communications with the committee leadership, attend committee meetings, and provide resources and expertise as needed.
? Implement a stewardship plan to thank and acknowledge committee members.
Marketing & Outreach
* Build relationships with community leaders, business owners and other service agencies for partnerships, volunteer recruitment, sponsor recruitment and other fundraising opportunities.
? Help ensure benefit fulfillment for corporate sponsors.
Walker & Team Management
Provide support and assistance to participants with online registration, developing personal Walk websites, and questions related to team captain duties, donations and fundraising.
* Manage day-of-event logistics including registration, set up, walker refreshments, sponsor tables, program tables, etc. to ensure Walk runs smoothly.
* Create and manage engaging "walk experience" for participants including Opening Ceremony and Awards Ceremony details.
* Ensure venue applications are submitted and approved in a timely manner
* Ensure event insurance is obtained for each Walk location.
* Recruit volunteers for parking assistance, staffing tables, set-up and tear-down assistance and spirit stations along the route.
* Coordinate all supplies and inventory for day-of-event.
* Coordinate chapter staff and board participation in Walks.
Gift Processing & Donor Recognition
* Ensure Walk donations are accurately recorded, processed and acknowledged.
? Bachelor’s Degree
? Three years of experience in a related field; ideally working in a non-profit with fundraising, volunteers coordination and/or event management responsibilities.
? Ability to work a flexible schedule, including late evening and early morning work as needed (average 2-3 times per month) and Saturdays and Sundays during Walk Season (August-September).
? Excellent oral and written communications with the ability to present with poise, confidence and professionalism to diverse committees.
? Ability to work independently with little daily supervision.
? Ability to prioritize, coordinate and advance several projects simultaneously.
? Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
? Excellent computer skills include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email and the ability to learn donor software systems.
? Must have a car and valid driver’s license for travel off-site to events and meetings
? Must be able to bend, lift, carry, transport, and set up a variety of print and event materials related to Walk to End Alzheimer’s (weighing up to 35 pounds)
? Special event and fund development experience preferred
? Experience with Convio Luminate, Gmail suite, and fundraising ethics
? Public-speaking experience
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2891