Social Worker, Counselor - Alzheimer's Association
Manager, Care Navigation and Early Stage Engagement, Rockford
A. POSITION SUMMARY: Provide dementia-related care consultation and support to clients via telephone, video conference and face-to-face appointments. Plan and implement early stage engagement and education activities within assigned service area, and assist in volunteer recruitment and training for these programs. Promote the use of these and other Association services through networking and outreach activities. NOTE: The position is based in our Rockford regional office. However, travel to Chicago for training and regular staff meetings is required.
B. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide scheduled Care Consultation services (Care Navigation) in person, by phone, and by video conference to caregivers, family members, and people in the early stages of dementia.
- Plan and implement the Chapter’s early stage engagement and education activities within assigned service area.
- Facilitate early stage support groups as needed
- Assist in recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteers supporting the early stage program, including support group facilitators
- Promote Care Navigation and other Association services at networking meetings and via private meetings with potential referral sources.
- Speak at conferences or to professional or community groups as needed.
- Assist with follow up for helpline callers in need of local chapter services
- Uphold client confidentiality in all interactions: written, electronic, telephone, in-person, etc.
- Enter client information into Association CRM in an accurate and timely manner and follow all Association guidelines for record keeping.
- File all reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Comply with all Association and departmental policies and procedures.
- This position does not supervise other staff.
- This position is responsible for meeting targeted goals connected to care navigation appointments and early stage engagement/education.
D. VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT
- Recruit and work with volunteers primarily on a one-to-one basis with rare, if any, committee work
- Volunteers assist with public events for the Association that requires a deeper level of knowledge about Alzheimer’s disease and about the services of the Chapter in meeting the needs of people, i.e. early stage spokespersons.
E. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Education: Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or a related field
2. Experience: 2 - 3 years clinical experience
3. Licenses and Certification: Professional license preferred, but not required
F. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Requires knowledge of general practices of counseling, social work or a similar profession, ideally with an emphasis on dementia, aging, and/or family dynamics.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to travel
- Critical competencies include but are not limited to: excellent written and oral communication skills, relationship management, and time management; ability to work well in a team environment.
- Comfort with public speaking.
G. DECISION MAKING-Describe the extent to which what major decisions and actions are made, the extent to which they are reviewed and how the decisions impact the organization.
- Requires ability to make decisions and take actions of a somewhat difficult and complex nature and to make recommendations on problems affecting a major function of the business; may be required to ascertain facts, weigh them and present recommendations on important and costly decisions to management without benefit of guidance
- Decisions and actions readily checked but inadequacies or errors could result in considerable inconvenience, expense or loss of efficiency.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions or perform any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor or manager. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential element may change when necessary.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3013