Signature Events Coordinator, HI
With year-round activities and events, the Signature Events Coordinator is responsible for working with staff, volunteers, and community members to achieve established development goals. The Signature Events Coordinator works closely with the Director of Development to implement all aspects of the Chapter’s Development Plan. The Signature Events Coordinator assists with fundraising activities including The Longest Day and the Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Priority roles with each event include increasing revenue and mobilizing volunteers.
This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week, based in Honolulu, HI and will report to the Director of Development.
Essential Job Functions
* Designs, implements, monitors, executes and evaluates all event activities including fundraising and logistic plans
* Creates and collaborates with the Development Team to execute fundraising and marketing plans that secures event goals
* Coordinates event day preparation and strategizes post-event activities, including incentive fulfillment and event evaluations
* Oversees the execution of marketing and incentive plans for signature events (content for newsletter and participant mailings, fielding calls and inquiries from Media) or other special event fundraisers
* Ensures the management of event websites, including participant and donor online accounts
* Significant travel within the Association's four-county region to meet with prospects and donors, with mileage reimbursement provided
* Assist with donor relations as assigned by the Director of Development
* Other duties as assigned.
The Longest Day
* Serve as the primary event coordinator for The Longest Day (TLD) held within Hawaii.
* Work closely with the Development Team to identify individual and corporate TLD prospects.
* Recruit, train and manage the TLD Volunteer Planning Committee comprised of community-based leadership volunteers and prior TLD team captains
* Utilize available resources to maximize event results: participate in webinars, conference calls and trainings offered by the national office; actively participate in chapter peer groups; TLD intranet and donor software (Convio).
* Market and promote TLD activities
* Effectively and efficiently complete activities and meet target deadlines for successful event execution
* Monitor activities to identify trends and best practices, measure impact of specific actions, identify and addresses issues as they arise and adjust plans as required.
* Ensure inclusion of TLD within marketing and communications channels including email, social media, e-News, community calendars, etc.
Walk to End Alzheimer’s
* Assist in the planning and execution of all Walks in Hawaii
* Assist in training and coaching sessions with committees and teams
* Bachelor’s degree preferred
* Demonstrated successful fund raising and event planning management experience
* Minimum three (3) years fundraising experience in a non-profit setting, preferably in a staff role.
* Minimum three (3) years of experience executing mass market fundraising events
* Demonstrated expertise recruiting and managing volunteers.
* Demonstrated skills in community organization, relationship building, talent identification and leadership development
* Strong customer service orientation
* Must be able to work with others to accomplish goals
* Proficient in Microsoft and Google applications, with emphasis on Excel
* Experience with various database software
* Ability to identify and safeguard confidential information
* Frequent evening and off-hour meetings and events will be required.
* Must possess a reliable personal vehicle, valid driver's license and proof of automobile liability insurance.
* Physical activity is required on occasion and may include long hours of standing and walking and some lifting/carrying of materials/supplies up to 35 pounds.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Job Reference #: 2395