Senior Specialist, Virtual Conferences
The Sr Specialist, Virtual Conferences will oversee the RFP, logistics, technology, and seamless execution of virtual and hybrid conferences for the Alzheimer’s Association.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Virtual platform lead for hybrid Alzheimer’s Association Annual Conference® (AAIC®). Responsibilities include:
- Primary liaison with virtual platform vendor
- Creating and following all virtual timelines
- Submit, track, and manage virtual poster details, manage poster organization, and create training documents
- Submit, track, and manage virtual presentations and schedule/manage speaker trainings
- Submit, track, and manage graphics and all other virtual assets to the platform vendor
- Submit internet requirements and monitor usage onsite
- Handle weekly and post-event reporting
- Support Conference Services team with virtual/hybrid component of other various meetings throughout the year. Responsibilities include:
- Assist with project timelines
- Manage virtual platform build
- Schedule/manage speaker trainings
- Submit, track, and manage virtual sessions and posters
- Submit, track, and manage graphics and other virtual assets
- Handle weekly and post-event reporting
- Primary contact for all virtual platform session questions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve virtual platform issues before, during, and after conferences. Provide live support to virtual attendees and speakers during conferences.
- Work with AV partner to produce welcome videos and on-demand content for various virtual platforms throughout the year.
- Work with Medical & Scientific (Med-Sci) department to house AAIC and other Med-Sci meetings in Learning Management Systems.
- Assist chapters with virtual conferences as needed.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of the degree when the experience has been directly related to the functions of the job
- Minimum four years of experience in meeting planning, with two years of experience with virtual meetings
- CMP preferred (or ability to earn within one year). DES or VEMM preferred (or ability to earn within one year).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in virtual conferences and events, with knowledge of virtual conference trends, vendors and best practices. Basic knowledge of in person meetings and logistics.
- Must have strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects. Must work well under pressure and have excellent communication skills.
- Ability to travel (both domestic and international) as needed for the role (up to 20%)
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Job Title: Sr Specialist, Virtual Conferences
Location: Chicago, IL and/or Remote based
Full time: 37.5 hours for full-time
Reports To: Director, Conference Services
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.