Senior Specialist, Relationship Events
The Alzheimer's Association home office seeks a Senior Specialist, Relationship Events to join a dynamic and highly productive team. This position will report to the Director, Strategic Relationship Events and will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive communication and training materials for home office and chapter network. The Senior Specialist will work cross-functionally with multiple teams across the organization.
This position will be located in Chicago, IL
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement comprehensive gala communication and stewardship plan for home office and chapter network gala events.
- Work collaboratively with team on development of high level donor presentations and other solicitation materials.
- Work collaboratively with Director, Field Events to develop toolkits, templates and collateral materials including best practice for gala event fundraising and volunteer leadership in coordination with the Association cross functional staff.
- Work collaboratively with Director, Field Events to provide best practice guidance to chapter network on event communication and stewardship for gala program, and assist in the development of giving and recognition opportunities for chapter network.
- Serve as department point person for internal and external web pages to ensure up-to-date event information.
- Serve as a creative resource in identifying and developing new methods of event donor communications, i.e. web pages, social media.
- Oversee gift acknowledgement process for department to ensure accuracy and fulfillment in coordination with development leads, donor services and finance.
- Manage adherence to Association branding standards and how it is reflected in all internal and external communications.
- Other related job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 years of related event management and sales or nonprofit fundraising experience
- Proven success in developing donor/client engagement and recognition plans. Experience in event fundraising highly desirable
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; affinity for relationship building
- Ability to work independently, as well fully engage in a culture where team collaboration and diplomacy is highly valued.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Internet and database/fundraising applications.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, and travel as needed. Estimated overnight travel up to 20%.
Job Reference #: 3759