Senior Specialist of Digital Design
Job Title: Sr. Specialist of Digital Design - Home Office
Location: Chicago, Illinois/Remote
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Sr. AD, Web Design & User Experience
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Senior Specialist of Digital Design is responsible for executing creative design solutions that consistently and effectively communicate the Alzheimer’s Association’s brand identity, positioning and messaging through strategic digital communications and user interface (UI) design. This strong conceptual thinker will have essential design capabilities and experience, with a solid background in visual communications and interaction design. This role will provide key support to the Senior Associate Director of Digital Strategy, Web Design & User Experience.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops creative design solutions that consistently and effectively communicate brand identity, positioning and messaging.
- Supports supervisor by managing a high volume of digital design requests for social channels and UI needs for alz.org.
- Communicates design knowledge and provides strong strategic rationale for concepts as needed, both to own team and to clients.
- Actively manages own workload, prioritizing accordingly, being flexible with changing priorities in a fast paced environment. Maintains ongoing communication throughout the creative work cycle, updating team on design progress.
- Collaborates with the digital strategy team, strategic communications team, marketing team, and other departments to develop creative concepts and execute assigned requests.
- Provides accurate time estimates and delivers design assets consistent with agreed-upon timing.
- Minimum of 1-3 years design experience in a professional setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in visual communications, graphic design or similar field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A strong conceptual thinker with design capabilities and experience.
- Possesses a solid understanding of digital design, composition and typography.
- Has a library of critical skills, including: creating UI comps, template sets, details and assets for usability testing and live production environments, develop high/low fidelity prototypes and final UI assets. General photoretouching, illustration, and animation skills are a plus.
- Must be able to produce new and fresh creative concepts while adhering to established brand and style guides.
- Demonstrated ability to implement creative direction and constructive feedback.
- Excellent communication skills with supervisor and above, as well as with peers.
- Mastered composition techniques (multiple elements and interactive pieces) in producing polished final files.
- Additional Technical Skills necessary:
- Fluency with design tools, most notably Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Axure, Invision, and/or other prototyping software
- Introductory knowledge of designing responsively across devices
- Best practices for social media graphic creation and engagement
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.