Senior Specialist, Metrics & Analytics
Senior specialist, Metrics & Analytics performs an essential role including the development, maintenance and delivery of enterprise-wide dashboards, scorecards and reports. The senior specialist will leverage his or her business and technical knowledge to design, develop, and implement data and analytics solutions. The incumbent will work with business and IT teams to understand business strategy and objectives gather information about business needs and ensure business requirements are being fulfilled throughout the entire data and analytics life-cycle.
Working in a collaborative environment, the senior specialist will assist in data transformation, data modeling and dashboard/report design and maintenance. The senior specialist will possess the technical knowledge of database structure will quickly be able to navigate the data warehouse environment to answer key business questions. Additionally, the individual should have a strong analytical background and proficiency in data analytics and data manipulation logic.
This position is for someone who is passionate about developing innovative analytic solutions to help the Alzheimer’s Association drive strategic business outcomes and to enable data-driven insights. As such, the senior specialist will be responsible for working closely with key business strategy stakeholders, IT partners and external consultants to deliver data visualizations that educate inform and engage business users on key metrics and performance measures
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Define, develop and implement data models to generate meaningful insights and deliver self-serve analytical capabilities to business users that will be used as the basis for analytics across the Alzheimer’s Association to business partners.
- Work with key business partners to understand needs and requirements to create and maintain data visualizations that educate, inform and engage Association staff on key metrics and performance measures. This includes developing dynamic, scalable and effective dashboards, scorecards and reports using BI tools such as Power BI and Tableau. Drive creativity and innovation in how data are presented and be instrumental in the automation of reports and dashboards.
- Conduct testing and troubleshooting and collaborate with business and IT stakeholders in relation to User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and quality assurance for functional testing. Analyze data for inaccuracies and provided data exception reporting and ad hoc reports for analysis. Performance tune existing dashboards and reports and work with other functional teams within IT and the business to identify opportunities for process improvement and assist in the implementation of those agreed upon.
- Provide mentoring and training of Power BI functions, dashboards and reports to business stakeholders. Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support to business end users.
- Chapter Information Database - Proactively manage relationships with business stakeholders to ensure timeliness and accuracy of a database that drives the operations of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferred degree in data science, information management or business)
- 2 years experience with Microsoft Power BI
- 2 years experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau and Alteryx.
- 3 experience of hands-on data gathering and modeling, analysis and visualization.
- Advanced Excel, Access, SQL or other relational database is required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Effective verbal communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to both technical and non-technical teams and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical thinker able to connect disparate data sources and see "the big picture" and be able to make effectively communicate that to a wider audience.
- Must be able to establish and maintain a high level of peer trust and confidence and maintain positive stakeholder relationships.
- Able to connect, import, shape, transform data and schedule automated refreshes in Power BI.
- Experience in effectively visualizing data in dashboards, reports and scorecards using Power BI.
- Ability to analyze complex data sets and turn that data into relevant, understandable and concise information to inform and guide business partners to success.
- Be able to write relational and tabular model queries.
- Understanding of Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is preferred.
- Able to conduct testing and troubleshooting and collaborate with business stakeholders and IT colleagues in relation to User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Quality Assurance for functional testing.
- Must be able to prepare and present communication materials including written analyses, documentation, status reports, and presentations to business stakeholders.
- Ability to design and deliver high quality end-user training and training materials. Ability to provide ongoing technical support to business users.
Job Reference #: 3760