Senior Specialist, Chapter Accounting
The Senior Specialist, Chapter Accounting serves as the primary home office contact for finance and accounting issues for a number of field offices. S/he maintains chapter records on the home office accounting system, correctly allocates revenue to the chapter affiliation for revenue received by both the home office and chapters and records revenue to the appropriate entity by the applicable share.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Finance and is based at the Home Office in Chicago, IL.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Prepares monthly revenue schedules and journal entries to correctly reflect revenue for assigned chapters.
* Review chapter revenue to ensure correct classification by department based on knowledge of the chart of accounts.
* Assists chapter finance staff with technical accounting questions.
* Maintains a subsidiary ledger of pledges received at the chapter and accurately applies payments and calculates monthly balances.
* Reviews chapter prepared net present value schedules for accuracy.
* Reviews chapter grant submissions to gain assurance that all grant activity is supported by sufficient documentation in accordance with internal and external (OMB- Office of Management and Budget) guidance.
* Special projects as assigned.
* Complies with all Association policies, procedures, standards, and applicable regulatory requirements.
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
* 4-5 years of financial accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit environment
* Experience in and proficiency with enterprise level accounting systems; Sage 500 or similar
* Highly organized, efficient, analytical, a good problem solver, and detail oriented
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps
* Ability to analyze information and make timely and appropriate decisions
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team; flexible and adaptable
* High level of integrity, diplomacy, initiative, and confidentiality
* Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
* Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent problem solving and strategic thinking skills
* Ability to work occasional evening, or weekend hours as needed
Job Reference #: 3503